Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We continually look for ways to improve the customer experience and deliver better services and increased customer satisfaction.
Our success relies on meeting our customers' expectations in service standards. We engage regularly with our customers to gather feedback on our progress using surveys, focus groups and one-to-one meetings and we continually measure our service performance.
We continue to invest in improving our service offering which features exciting new developments in technology and service provision such as the following examples.
- A large-scale fleet modernisation programme in the UK has introduced over 900 new buses, designed with input from customer focus groups.
- A £27m investment means state-of-the-art bus ticketing technology will become available throughout our English businesses (excluding London) in 2012/13, allowing UK Bus passengers to pay for travel using mobile phones and credit or debit cards.
- New technology is improving the customer experience in Rail, e.g. new mobile phone apps, extended use of Facebook and Twitter, better access to real-time information and wider ticket purchasing options.
- Investment in new vehicles and stations in Greyhound has improved service access and ticket purchasing options through partnerships such as those with Mansfield and 7-Eleven.
- Our expanded Greyhound Express service arose in response to customer demand. This unique service combines affordability and high quality.
- Continued investment in GPS technology gives First Student real-time tracking of children and the ability to pinpoint a bus's location at any time.
- Increased investment in customer service training aims to deliver consistent customer service of the highest quality.
We recognise our tremendous responsibility for ensuring the safety of the millions of customers we transport each day. This section provides more information on what we are doing to ensure this. Data relating to customer safety can be found here. For information on employee safety visit the People section of the site.
Satisfied customers are the key to our success. In this section we present information on the actions we are taking to ensure this including information on accessibility issues. Customer satisfaction data can be found here.
Our services are used by people from many walks of life and we need to make them as accessible as we can to those who need them both in terms of physical access and affordability. In this section we discuss these issues.