Please see our current press release section for news releases issued within the last 3 months.
Select the year and then the month below to view the archived press releases:
FirstGroup plc statement re Bus and Coach contract at London 2012 Games
Monday 15 February 2010
FirstGroup announced as preferred bidder for the provision of direct coaches, park and ride services and venue shuttle services for spectators to the London 2012 Games
Following a competitive tender process, the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) today confirmed that FirstGroup plc ("The Group") is the preferred bidder to transport spectators during the London 2012 Games.
The Group will provide:
* Around 500 buses and coaches for venue shuttle services and venue park and ride;
* Around 90 buses and coaches for park and ride services, aimed to connect parking sites on the periphery of the M25 with the Olympic Park and Ebbsfleet;
* Around 300 coaches (sub contracted from fleets up and down the country) to operate a network of express coach services to the Olympic Park and Weymouth and Portland;
* Management of the Direct Coach operations;
* A bus and coach reservations and ticketing system;
* Operational support staff at all bus and coach locations to manage the fleet.
Picture Caption:FirstGroup Chief Executive, Sir Moir Lockhead, and the ODA’s Project Manager for Spectator Buses and Coaches, Allan Edmondson, at the Olympic Park