FirstGroup plc is the leading transport operator in the UK and North America. With revenues of more than £6.9 billion per annum and approximately 120,000 employees we transport more than 2.5 billion passengers every year.
In our increasingly congested world we help to keep people moving and communities prospering.
Our portfolio of businesses consists of five main operating divisions and is diversified by geography and customer base. This balanced portfolio provides a mix of contract backed and passenger revenues.
- First Student - As the largest provider of student transportation in North America, with a fleet of approximately 50,000 yellow school buses, we carry some six million students per school day across 38 States in the USA and eight Provinces and Territories in Canada.
- First Transit - We are one of the largest private sector providers of transit management and contracting in North America. Our Vehicle Services division is the largest private sector provider of vehicle maintenance and ancillary support services in North America.
- Greyhound - We are the only national provider of scheduled intercity coach transportation services in the US and Canada. We provide scheduled passenger services to approximately 3,800 destinations throughout the US and Canada, with 18 million passengers travelling 5.5 billion miles every year.
- UK Bus - We are one of the largest bus operators in the UK with a fleet of 7,400 buses, carrying approximately 2.3 million passengers every day. We serve a vast number of communities including 40 of the UK's largest towns and cities.
- UK Rail - We operate approximately a quarter of the UK's passenger rail network, carrying more than 310 million passengers a year, with a balanced portfolio of intercity, commuter and regional franchises and one open access operator.