First Capital Connect
First Capital Connect operates trains between London, Brighton, Bedford, Peterborough, Cambridge and King's Lynn over the UK's busiest rail network.
First Capital Connect services run regularly through five central London stations including St Pancras International, London Bridge and Blackfriars and also serve international airports at Luton and Gatwick.
First Capital Connect facts:
- Commenced operation in April 2006 (Franchise ends September 2013)
- 107m Passenger journeys in 2012/13, up from 86m in 2006/7
- Approx 7,000 services per week
- The first operator of the Thameslink franchise to achieve a 90% annual punctuality and reliability score
- Passenger satisfaction scores increasing since the start of the franchise
- Key partner of Network Rail and Transport for London in Thameslink Programme - milestones achieved so far include the extension of Blackfriars platforms across the Thames, and the major re-development of Farringdon station
- 92 new vehicles have been introduced onto the Thameslink route delivering an extra 3,200 seats per day
- We have introduced over 20% more peak time capacity on Great Northern route services