1. About FirstGroup
www.firstgroup.com (our website) is owned and operated by FirstGroup plc (company number 157176), a company registered in Scotland whose registered office is at 395 King Street, Aberdeen, AB24 5RP.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller for our website is FirstGroup plc. Requests for subject access or other matters related to the Act should be made in writing to Data Compliance Officer, First Group plc, UK Bus Division, 5th Floor, 50 Eastbourne Terrace, London W2 6LG.
FirstGroup plc ("we", "us", or "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we collect and use your information. If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your information you can contact our Data Compliance Officer, First Group plc, UK Bus Division, 5th Floor, 50 Eastbourne Terrace, London W2 6LG.
This policy applies to the following websites:
Changes we may make to this policy will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
3. Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.firstgroup.com, subscribing to our services (such as email or SMS text bulletins) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, search for tickets, order tickets on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include but not limited to your name, date of birth, address, country of residence, e-mail address, photo card ID information, phone number, travel preference information and credit card information. Please note credit card information is not stored.
- Information we collect about you: Each time you visit our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); tickets and/or journeys you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that information that it may be shared internally and combined with information collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
5. Uses Made of Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, tickets and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other tickets, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information (the order form or registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our company or services;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if FirstGroup plc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- where we operate rail franchises we do so under arrangements with the Secretary of State for Transport or Scottish Ministers (as appropriate) and the franchise operations may pass to a successor operator. We may disclose your data to the relevant franchising authority or any successor operator and any successor operator may process your data in the same manner as we would be permitted;
7. Where We Store Your Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share this with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to us at Data Compliance Officer, First Group plc, UK Bus Division, 5th Floor, 50 Eastbourne Terrace, London W2 6LG.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
9. Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your can exercise this right by contacting us at the details below. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to our Data Compliance Officer, First Group plc, UK Bus Division, 5th Floor, 50 Eastbourne Terrace, London W2 6LG.
Last updated: March 2015