All purchases of tickets on this website and any website to which you are directed from this website are governed by the following terms and conditions subject to variances more particularly detailed or referred to below in the case of FirstCard (West Yorkshire), and E-tickets (Reading RailAir). They are to be read together with any other applicable terms and conditions but supersede any such other terms and conditions if and to the extent they are inconsistent.
There are some words which are set out in these terms which have specific meanings. These are denoted by capitalised terms so that:
"Applicable First Operating Company" means the First Bus company with which you choose to travel.
"E-Ticket" means a ticket supplied to the purchaser by e-mail as a unique code number, to be used for access to the Reading RailAir on a specified date or dates.
"FirstCard" means a travel pass which entitles the customer to purchase tickets (using value stored on the FirstCard) for travel within the Bradford Boundary.
"Photocard" and/or "Photo ID" means a card supplied by the applicable First Operating Company and bearing a unique number to which the user of the ticket must attach their passport-type photograph. The ticket issued by First will carry the same number.
Online payment on this website is through Worldpay, part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, using its service payment scheme.
Full payment is required in advance unless an instalment payment option is being offered. Ticket validations for instalment option tickets will be issued as payment is made.
Conditions of Carriage
All travel undertaken as envisaged by this website is subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the Applicable First Operating Company.
This website makes the contract formation process clear; you may change your mind and no contract has been formed at any stage up to the point when your payment details are authorised and your order is accepted by the issue of a ticket.
The ticket prices detailed on this website are for a selected range of products, and do not include VAT. Please note that other ticket types and fares may be available through other sales outlets. Your enquiry provides us with only limited information and therefore no guarantee can be given that the ticket sold by this site is the most suitable for your purposes. If you require assistance or further information on other fares available or the most appropriate ticket for you, please contact the Applicable First Operating Company.
Tickets sold are valid for travel in zones and areas as specified by the Applicable First Operating Company, apart from the following standard service exemptions:
- Park & Ride
- Late night services
- Inter Urban/Express Services
- Tours & Excursions
- Rail Air and shuttle services (except where specified)
These exemptions are not exhaustive and we recommend that you contact the Applicable First Operating Company for the area in which you intend to travel or visit www.firstgroup.com for details of any other local exemptions.
Tickets remain the property of the Applicable First Operating Company and must be produced at any time during the journey when demanded by an official of the Applicable First Operating Company. Where relevant both the Photocard and ticket must be shown by a user when boarding. Passengers failing to produce a current valid ticket must pay the appropriate fare and claims for refunds in such cases will not be allowed. Tickets are valid for the period shown on the ticket only. Where a PhotoCard is required tickets presented without the Photocard or with an incorrect ID Number will be confiscated. Out of date and invalid tickets will also be confiscated. The Photocards remain the property of the Applicable First Operating Company and will also be confiscated if presented with an invalid ticket. Claims for refunds or extension in the case of reduced or depleted services will not be allowed unless the Applicable First Operating Company unilaterally fails to provide a published service. Tickets are not transferable and do not confer any priority on the holder over other passengers.
Tickets are sent either by first class post in the UK at no additional charge or, at the customer's request, can be sent by recorded delivery with a special handling charge. In both instances we will endeavour to post the tickets within five working days of receipt of the order but we cannot guarantee that timescale.
You must check that your ticket details are correct on receipt of your tickets. If your ticket details are incorrect in any way, please contact the helpline number on the letter included with your tickets quoting your order number.
You are entirely responsible for the safe keeping of your ticket/cards and FirstGroup plc or the Applicable First operating Company take no responsibility whatsoever for lost or stolen tickets/cards.
Price and Payment
Price and Payment Options are as identified on this site and selected by you. For all non-instalment ticket options the price specified must be paid in full before the tickets are despatched.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
You have the right to cancel any purchase made on this site within seven working days of placing the order using the Contact Us section of this site or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting your order number. If you subsequently receive a ticket you should also immediately write by first class post to UK Bus Ticketing, Unit 20, Time Technology Park, Blackburn Road, Simonstone, Lancashire BB12 7TG with the same details enclosing the unused ticket. It is your responsibility to return the ticket at your own expense.
On notice of cancellation, if we have not already despatched your ticket we will refund all monies paid. If we have already despatched your ticket we will await the receipt of the ticket by us and provide a refund within 30 days of receipt of the returned ticket. If the ticket has not commenced its validity period all monies will be refunded. If the ticket has already commenced its validity period, the refund made will be in accordance with our refunds policy.
If you fail to pay any instalment on its due date, or fail to provide proof of student status where required, or if any information about you which you provided proves incomplete or inaccurate, then we shall be entitled to cancel all further ticket allocations.
FirstGroup plc reserves the right to cancel any tickets which have been obtained in any fraudulent manner.
Refunds of tickets during their validity period will be considered on your written request. If allowed, the refund will be paid pro rata to the total monies received against the number of days of validity left on the ticket (on the date we receive the ticket for surrender) less an administration charge as specified by the Applicable First Operating Company.
Special Considerations for Specific Ticket Types
- E-tickets for Reading RailAir
- m-tickets for Railair
- FirstCard (Bradford area only)
- First Students (Bristol and Somerset & Avon area only)
Bus tickets purchased on this website are sold by UK Bus Ticketing on behalf of the Applicable First Operating Company. The service of UK Bus Ticketing is limited to the fulfilment of orders placed through this website, and any queries concerning past orders or delayed or missing tickets should be referred to UK Bus Ticketing by email only at email@example.com with details of the order placed.
Any queries or complaints concerning the terms and conditions of the tickets offered or purchased should be sent directly to the Applicable First Operating Company with explanatory information on the ticket and/or the order reference as appropriate.
- These tickets are issued in the form of a unique code and journey details which is e-mailed to the purchaser.
- The purchaser must print the e-tickets and show the e-ticket to a member of staff when boarding for travel on the date or dates specified.
- The e-ticket will not be valid on any alternative dates.
- Period returns are valid for three calendar months from the date on the outward ticket.
- Please ensure that your journey details are correct before you purchase your tickets. You will not be permitted to travel on alternative dates.
- Should you wish to change the travel dates on your e-tickets, please contact us through the `Contact Us` form at least 3 days before travel or alternatively e-mail your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the booking has been confirmed, cancellations and refunds will only be issued up to 5 days prior to travel.
- Refunds will not be issued to unused tickets after the date of travel has passed.
- Early Bird tickets can be purchased a minimum of 2 calendar months in advance. These tickets are non-refundable. However, amendments to travel dates are permissible so long as at least 3 days prior notice to the booked travel date is provided and the change does not contravene the 2 months in advance requirement.
- Railcard discounts are not available with Early Bird tickets.
Mobile Tickets - Terms and Conditions
- Mobile Ticketing is promoted and operated by FirstGroup PLC registered in Scotland, No.SC157176.
- Mobile Ticketing refers to bus tickets which are downloaded to Smartphones, via the FirstBus Mobile Ticketing App.
- Purchasing Mobile Tickets confirms acceptance of these Terms & Conditions (as amended from time to time) and any other terms & conditions referred to below.
- Boarding of vehicles using Mobile Ticketing also confirms acceptance of our Conditions of Carriage, which are available on request from RailAir. Coldborough House, Market Street, Bracknell, RG12 1JA
- RailAir may modify these Terms & Conditions at any time at its discretion.
2. Devices and Data Charges
- Mobile Ticketing is only available to UK phone numbers and you will need to register your mobile phone for this service by downloading the relevant Mobile Ticketing App.
- RailAir Mobile Ticketing is supported on Smartphones using either Apple iOS or Google Android operating systems. Mobile Ticketing should not be used on tablets, notebooks or any device other than supported Smartphone handsets.
- Our Mobile Ticketing App is free for you to download, however, data charges may be incurred to you by your network provider. You are responsible for any such costs. FirstGroup will not take responsibility for any connectivity issues you may experience.
- Mobile Tickets must be purchased through the App in advance of travel. Purchasing Mobile Tickets requires either a WiFi or cellular data connection in order to complete payment and download of the ticket(s) to your Smartphone.
- For identification purposes you must also carry the credit/debit card used to make the booking (or other nominated identification, where alternative options are made available).
- Purchased Mobile Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be altered.
- RailAir accepts payment through the Mobile Ticketing App using VISA and Mastercard debit and credit cards.
- Once purchased, Mobile Tickets must be activated prior to boarding and the ticket will be displayed on your Smartphone’s screen. This will need to be presented to the driver. Your device must have sufficient battery charge to be able to display the ticket to the driver upon boarding and if requested to a RailAir official throughout your journey, otherwise the cash fare for the journey will be payable.
- In case of any difficulty, the cash fare for the journey should be paid. Full details of any problems should be reported by emailing email@example.com or by calling customer services on 01282 688179. (Weekdays 9am to 5pm excluding public holidays.)
- All Mobile Tickets downloaded to your Smartphone must be used within ninety days of purchase, after which they will automatically expire.
- Mobile Tickets are non-transferrable and are locked to the registered smartphone to which they are downloaded and cannot be copied, sent or moved to another device. We reserve the right to terminate without refund any Mobile Ticketing user account which we believe is being misused.
- Mobile Tickets which have been activated accidentally or which have been downloaded to smartphones which have subsequently been lost or stolen are non-refundable.
- Multiple passengers cannot board with simultaneously activated tickets on one device.
4. Mobile Ticket Types and Validity
- The ticket types are subject to change – we may vary the type, price and validity of tickets available at any time. Any changes will be notified through the App and on our website, www.railair.com - (Opens in a new window)
- The safekeeping of the Mobile Ticket is your responsibility. In the event that the ticket or mobile phone is lost, stolen or damaged, we will be unable to provide a duplicate or replacement ticket and a new ticket will need to be purchased.
- In no event will FirstGroup be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of your use or access to the Mobile Ticketing App, including loss of profit or the like whether or not in the contemplation of the parties, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise.
- FirstGroup is not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld device or mobile telephones as a result of the installation or use of the Mobile Ticketing App. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit FirstGroup’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
6. Privacy & Security
- RailAir and its agents will only use the information you supply to process your purchases and maintain your account. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. You confirm that you will only enter information about yourself and that such information is true.
- Payment card details are stored securely and will never be disclosed to anyone for purposes other than for Mobile Ticketing mobile payments initiated by you.
7. Materials, Ownership and Restrictions on Use
- The Mobile Ticketing App is owned and operated by FirstGroup and any data, text, graphics, images, audio and video clips, logos, icons, software and links and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto, are and will remain the property of FirstGroup.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute the Mobile Ticket App or any of its content without FirstGroup's prior written permission.
- Use or downloading of the mobile ticketing app is conditioned on acceptance of the terms and conditions of this agreement. By using or downloading the mobile ticketing app, you agree to such terms and conditions.
- Any issue of a FirstCard is subject to these terms.
- The conditions printed on the reverse of the FirstCard and the First West Yorkshire Conditions of Carriage and Passenger regulations (copies of which are available on contacting First West Yorkshire Limited) also form part of these terms.
- A FirstCard is issued free to any fare-paying customer on submission of their full name, address and date of birth. Applications at the Metro travel shop require proof of identity (i.e. utility bill with customer's full name and address) at time of issue.
- All FirstCards remain the property of First West Yorkshire Limited which reserves the right to withdraw the FirstCard at any time subject to the provision of a refund (under clause 4 below) of the stored value or travel pass remaining at the time of withdrawal. Stored value is created when the FirstCard is credited with a sum of money. The FirstCard is not a cheque guarantee card, debit or credit card.
- The FirstCard and details assigned to the card are the responsibility at all times of the registered holder. The registered holder must notify First West Yorkshire Limited in writing of any changes to the details provided when the registered holder registered for a FirstCard.
- The FirstCard scheme is promoted by First West Yorkshire Limited, Bowling Back Lane, Bradford, BD4 8SP.
- Customers purchasing a travel pass for bus travel within the Bradford Boundary must have a FirstCard on all/any buses operated by a FirstGroup company.
- The FirstCard entitles the registered holder to:
- purchase a First bus ticket using the stored value. The stored value shown on the card can be debited for whatever fare or fares have been requested. The First Bus ticket purchased in this way will show the amount of stored value remaining on the FirstCard; or
- when the FirstCard has been validated as a travel pass and remains valid, use the FirstCard as a travel pass within the boundary specified in the First leaflet entitled "Welcome to Flexible Cashless Bus Travel" (available from First West Yorkshire Limited officers or at the Metro travel shop in the Bradford Interchange).
- Where the stored value is insufficient to purchase a ticket or, upon presentation to a driver or other authorised official, in Bradford, the employee reasonably considers the travel pass invalid, the registered holder must use cash to purchase a ticket or to meet the difference between the stored value and the ticket price.
- First West Yorkshire Limited reserves the right not to accept the use of any FirstCard which has become electronically unreadable for any reason or which First West Yorkshire Limited or any of its employees reasonably believes to have been obtained by theft, fraud, misrepresentation or by any means not in accordance with these terms.
- The FirstCard also entitles the registered holder to one BusMile for every £1 credited to it. BusMiles are not apportioned for any sums credited of less than £1.
- BusMiles may be converted by the registered owner into stored value by presenting the FirstCard to any First off bus point of sale machine in Bradford. For every full 100 BusMiles awarded to the registered holder. £1 will be credited to the stored value.
- First West Yorkshire Limited reserves the right to vary the way in which the BusMiles are awarded or the amount credited to the stored value (under clauses 3(i) and 3(ii) above) upon provision of reasonable notice to the registered holder.
- Any First bus ticket purchased using the stored value will also show the number of BusMiles accumulated on the FirstCard used.
- The cash redemption value of each individual BusMile is 0.001p.
- The registered holder may, at any time, apply for a refund of stored value on the FirstCard. The refund value will be calculated on the basis of the stored value existing on the FirstCard at the time of refund, less an administration fee of 10%.
- The registered holder may also apply for a refund of the travel pass element of the FirstCard. The registered holder will be refunded for every complete calendar month remaining on the FirstCard. The refund value will be calculated proportionately on the basis of the price of an annual travel pass at the time of refund, less an administration fee of 10%.
- For the avoidance of doubt, BusMiles that exist on the FirstCard at the time of application for the refund will be converted into stored value (in accordance with clause 3(ii) above) before issuing the refund.
- To apply for a refund the registered holder must go to First West Yorkshire Limited offices with the FirstCard, registration details and the register holder's FirstCard password. If the registered holder has any difficulty in being able to go to the Bradford office then he/she should contact First on the Customer Helpline indicated on the reverse of the FirstCard.
- First West Yorkshire Limited shall provide the registered holder with the refund within 10 - 14 working days of receipt of the application. First West Yorkshire Limited reserves the right to issue a cheque to the registered holder as a refund.
- The registered holder must notify First West Yorkshire Limited as soon as reasonably practicable if the FirstCard is lost, damaged, stolen or unusable. On receipt of the registered holder's registration details and FirstCard password, First West Yorkshire Limited shall invalidate the FirstCard.
- Once the FirstCard has been invalidated the registered holder may then register for a replacement card. The replacement card will be issued after 3 full working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) from the receipt by First West Yorkshire Limited of notification by the registered holder. The replacement card will be issued with the same amount of stored value (subject to clause 5(iii) below) and the same length of travel pass as on the original FirstCard on the date of issue of the replacement card. During this period the customer may not apply for any of the travel costs incurred whilst waiting for their replacement card.
- BusMiles existing on a FirstCard which is lost, damaged, stolen or unusable cannot be transferred to a replacement card. However, BusMiles existing on the original FirstCard on the date of issue of the replacement will be converted into stored value (in accordance with clause 3(ii) above) and added to the replacement card.
- First West Yorkshire Limited cannot prevent the unauthorised use of the FirstCard following notification of its loss or theft until the time of issue of a replacement card.
- A FirstCard that is damaged or unusable must be returned to First West Yorkshire Limited as soon as reasonably possible.
- A FirstCard reported as lost, damaged, stolen or unusable more than three times during any one calendar year will be subject to a replacement fee.
- First West Yorkshire Limited shall not be liable for any FirstCard which for whatever reason (with the exception of any act or omission of First West Yorkshire Limited or any of its agents or employees) fails to reach the registered holder by post.
- If, for any reason, an incorrect amount of either stored value and/or travel pass is credited to a FirstCard then First West Yorkshire Limited reserves the right, having provided the registered holder with written notice, to invalidate the FirstCard and issue the registered holder with a replacement card reflecting the correct amount of stored value and/or length of travel pass. For the avoidance of doubt the registered holder shall only be entitled to one BusMile for every whole pound (£1) credited to the replacement card.
General Terms & Conditions for the issue of FirstWeek, FirstMonth & FirstSixMonths
1. Season Tickets are available from
- Internet - www.firstgroup.com - payment by credit/debit card
- Travel Shop, Bristol Bus Station, Marlbrough Street - Debit & Credit card facilities available)
- Wells Bus Station
- Weston-super-Mare travel shop
- Participating local agents
Applications may be made through the post accompanied by a cheque or postal order made payable to First Somerset & Avon Limited, to:Commercial team
Please make sure that the postal application reaches the address above at least 5 working days before date of use, to allow time for processing. All orders will be subject to Postage & Packing and handling charges.
If you wish to pay by cheque please allow 3 working days for clearance.
A season ticket is issued subject to the Company's Regulations and Conditions, which may be viewed at any Company booking or enquiry office, and also subject to the following special conditions.
- A valid First Photo ID card must accompany Child, Young Person and Student Season Tickets.
- The Season Ticket is valid only in the specific area, up to and including the expiry date shown.
- For each journey taken a season ticket must be produced. The ticket is not transferable.
- Passengers not in possession of a valid season ticket and matching Photo card (if applicable) for the journey being undertaken may be liable to pay a standard fare of £30.00 and the ticket may be withdrawn.
- The ticket remains the property of First and the company reserves the right to refuse to issue, renew or withdraw any season ticket, at any time.
- An expired, defaced, illegible or altered season ticket is not valid and will be withdrawn.
- The card does not provide any priority of place over any other passenger whether on the bus or in the queue, nor any right to travel on any particular journey.
3. Lost/Stolen/Damaged Tickets
- No replacements will be made. Stolen or lost tickets will be replaced at full cost.
- Defaced or damaged tickets will only be replaced on production of the old ticket and receipt (First Year or First Term) and an administration charge of £10.00 will be payable.
- Student Photo Cards will be replaced on receipt of £10.00.
- Child Photo Cards will be replaced on receipt of £5.00.
- There will be No refunds on the unused portion of First Week or First Month tickets.
- In special circumstances, First Term and First Year tickets may be refunded at our discretion on production of the card and receipt.
- Refunds will be subject to a £20.00 administration charge and will base on the number of weeks or months used at the current First Week and/or First Month price less any initial discount you may have received. As the cost of the season ticket has been calculated to allow for annual holidays, the validity period will not be extended for periods of non-use due to holidays or sickness.
Note: Commuter Card Scheme/Corporate Travel Scheme
For any Companies that deal with First Commuter Card Scheme/Corporate Travel Scheme, please be aware that any tickets that require refunds will be repaid to the Companies and not the individuals.
If you have any suggestions or comments about our bus services, please write to:Customer Service Centre
Telephone number 0117 244 40 40
Full timetable information.