All purchases of tickets on this website and any website to which you are directed from this website are governed by the following terms and conditions subject to variances more particularly detailed or referred to below in the case of FirstCard (West Yorkshire), and E-tickets (Reading RailAir). They are to be read together with any other applicable terms and conditions but supersede any such other terms and conditions if and to the extent they are inconsistent.
There are some words which are set out in these terms which have specific meanings. These are denoted by capitalised terms so that:
"Applicable First Operating Company" means the First Bus company with which you choose to travel.
"E-Ticket" means a ticket supplied to the purchaser by e-mail as a unique code number, to be used for access to the Reading RailAir on a specified date or dates.
"FirstCard" means a travel pass which entitles the customer to purchase tickets (using value stored on the FirstCard) for travel within the Bradford Boundary.
"Photocard" and/or "Photo ID" means a card supplied by the applicable First Operating Company and bearing a unique number to which the user of the ticket must attach their passport-type photograph. The ticket issued by First will carry the same number.
Online payment on this website is through Worldpay, part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, using its service payment scheme.
Full payment is required in advance unless an instalment payment option is being offered. Ticket validations for instalment option tickets will be issued as payment is made.
Conditions of Carriage
All travel undertaken as envisaged by this website is subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the Applicable First Operating Company.
This website makes the contract formation process clear; you may change your mind and no contract has been formed at any stage up to the point when your payment details are authorised and your order is accepted by the issue of a ticket.
The ticket prices detailed on this website are for a selected range of products, and do not include VAT. Please note that other ticket types and fares may be available through other sales outlets. Your enquiry provides us with only limited information and therefore no guarantee can be given that the ticket sold by this site is the most suitable for your purposes. If you require assistance or further information on other fares available or the most appropriate ticket for you, please contact the Applicable First Operating Company.
Tickets sold are valid for travel in zones and areas as specified by the Applicable First Operating Company, apart from the following standard service exemptions:
- Park & Ride
- Late night services
- Inter Urban/Express Services
- Tours & Excursions
- Rail Air and shuttle services (except where specified)
These exemptions are not exhaustive and we recommend that you contact the Applicable First Operating Company for the area in which you intend to travel or visit www.firstgroup.com for details of any other local exemptions.
Tickets remain the property of the Applicable First Operating Company and must be produced at any time during the journey when demanded by an official of the Applicable First Operating Company. Where relevant both the Photocard and ticket must be shown by a user when boarding. Passengers failing to produce a current valid ticket must pay the appropriate fare and claims for refunds in such cases will not be allowed. Tickets are valid for the period shown on the ticket only. Where a PhotoCard is required tickets presented without the Photocard or with an incorrect ID Number will be confiscated. Out of date and invalid tickets will also be confiscated. The Photocards remain the property of the Applicable First Operating Company and will also be confiscated if presented with an invalid ticket. Claims for refunds or extension in the case of reduced or depleted services will not be allowed unless the Applicable First Operating Company unilaterally fails to provide a published service. Tickets are not transferable and do not confer any priority on the holder over other passengers.
Tickets are sent either by first class post in the UK at no additional charge or, at the customer's request, can be sent by recorded delivery with a special handling charge. In both instances we will endeavour to post the tickets within five working days of receipt of the order but we cannot guarantee that timescale.
You must check that your ticket details are correct on receipt of your tickets. If your ticket details are incorrect in any way, please contact the helpline number on the letter included with your tickets quoting your order number.
You are entirely responsible for the safe keeping of your ticket/cards and FirstGroup plc or the Applicable First operating Company take no responsibility whatsoever for lost or stolen tickets/cards.
Price and Payment
Price and Payment Options are as identified on this site and selected by you. For all non-instalment ticket options the price specified must be paid in full before the tickets are despatched.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
You have the right to cancel any purchase made on this site within seven working days of placing the order using the Contact Us section of this site or by e-mailing us at email@example.com and quoting your order number. If you subsequently receive a ticket you should also immediately write by first class post to UK Bus Ticketing, Unit 20, Time Technology Park, Blackburn Road, Simonstone, Lancashire BB12 7TG with the same details enclosing the unused ticket. It is your responsibility to return the ticket at your own expense.
On notice of cancellation, if we have not already despatched your ticket we will refund all monies paid. If we have already despatched your ticket we will await the receipt of the ticket by us and provide a refund within 30 days of receipt of the returned ticket. If the ticket has not commenced its validity period all monies will be refunded. If the ticket has already commenced its validity period, the refund made will be in accordance with our refunds policy.
If you fail to pay any instalment on its due date, or fail to provide proof of student status where required, or if any information about you which you provided proves incomplete or inaccurate, then we shall be entitled to cancel all further ticket allocations.
FirstGroup plc reserves the right to cancel any tickets which have been obtained in any fraudulent manner.
Refunds of tickets during their validity period will be considered on your written request. If allowed, the refund will be paid pro rata to the total monies received against the number of days of validity left on the ticket (on the date we receive the ticket for surrender) less an administration charge as specified by the Applicable First Operating Company.
Special Considerations for Specific Ticket Types
- E-tickets for Reading RailAir
- m-tickets for Railair
- FirstCard (Bradford area only)
- First Students (Bristol and Somerset & Avon area only)
- E-tickets for Scotland to London Express Coach Service
Bus tickets purchased on this website are sold by UK Bus Ticketing on behalf of the Applicable First Operating Company. The service of UK Bus Ticketing is limited to the fulfilment of orders placed through this website, and any queries concerning past orders or delayed or missing tickets should be referred to UK Bus Ticketing by email only at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the order placed.
Any queries or complaints concerning the terms and conditions of the tickets offered or purchased should be sent directly to the Applicable First Operating Company (click http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/contact_us/ for local contact details) with explanatory information on the ticket and/or the order reference as appropriate.
FirstCard (Bradford area only)
- Any issue of a FirstCard is subject to these terms.
- The conditions printed on the reverse of the FirstCard and the First West Yorkshire Conditions of Carriage and Passenger regulations (copies of which are available on contacting First West Yorkshire Limited) also form part of these terms.
- A FirstCard is issued free to any fare-paying customer on submission of their full name, address and date of birth. Applications at the Metro travel shop require proof of identity (i.e. utility bill with customer's full name and address) at time of issue.
- All FirstCards remain the property of First West Yorkshire Limited which reserves the right to withdraw the FirstCard at any time subject to the provision of a refund (under clause 4 below) of the stored value or travel pass remaining at the time of withdrawal. Stored value is created when the FirstCard is credited with a sum of money. The FirstCard is not a cheque guarantee card, debit or credit card.
- The FirstCard and details assigned to the card are the responsibility at all times of the registered holder. The registered holder must notify First West Yorkshire Limited in writing of any changes to the details provided when the registered holder registered for a FirstCard.
- The FirstCard scheme is promoted by First West Yorkshire Limited, Bowling Back Lane, Bradford, BD4 8SP.
- Customers purchasing a travel pass for bus travel within the Bradford Boundary must have a FirstCard on all/any buses operated by a FirstGroup company.
- The FirstCard entitles the registered holder to:
- purchase a First bus ticket using the stored value. The stored value shown on the card can be debited for whatever fare or fares have been requested. The First Bus ticket purchased in this way will show the amount of stored value remaining on the FirstCard; or
- when the FirstCard has been validated as a travel pass and remains valid, use the FirstCard as a travel pass within the boundary specified in the First leaflet entitled "Welcome to Flexible Cashless Bus Travel" (available from First West Yorkshire Limited officers or at the Metro travel shop in the Bradford Interchange).
- Where the stored value is insufficient to purchase a ticket or, upon presentation to a driver or other authorised official, in Bradford, the employee reasonably considers the travel pass invalid, the registered holder must use cash to purchase a ticket or to meet the difference between the stored value and the ticket price.
- First West Yorkshire Limited reserves the right not to accept the use of any FirstCard which has become electronically unreadable for any reason or which First West Yorkshire Limited or any of its employees reasonably believes to have been obtained by theft, fraud, misrepresentation or by any means not in accordance with these terms.
- The FirstCard also entitles the registered holder to one BusMile for every £1 credited to it. BusMiles are not apportioned for any sums credited of less than £1.
- BusMiles may be converted by the registered owner into stored value by presenting the FirstCard to any First off bus point of sale machine in Bradford. For every full 100 BusMiles awarded to the registered holder. £1 will be credited to the stored value.
- First West Yorkshire Limited reserves the right to vary the way in which the BusMiles are awarded or the amount credited to the stored value (under clauses 3(i) and 3(ii) above) upon provision of reasonable notice to the registered holder.
- Any First bus ticket purchased using the stored value will also show the number of BusMiles accumulated on the FirstCard used.
- The cash redemption value of each individual BusMile is 0.001p.
- The registered holder may, at any time, apply for a refund of stored value on the FirstCard. The refund value will be calculated on the basis of the stored value existing on the FirstCard at the time of refund, less an administration fee of 10%.
- The registered holder may also apply for a refund of the travel pass element of the FirstCard. The registered holder will be refunded for every complete calendar month remaining on the FirstCard. The refund value will be calculated proportionately on the basis of the price of an annual travel pass at the time of refund, less an administration fee of 10%.
- For the avoidance of doubt, BusMiles that exist on the FirstCard at the time of application for the refund will be converted into stored value (in accordance with clause 3(ii) above) before issuing the refund.
- To apply for a refund the registered holder must go to First West Yorkshire Limited offices with the FirstCard, registration details and the register holder's FirstCard password. If the registered holder has any difficulty in being able to go to the Bradford office then he/she should contact First on the Customer Helpline indicated on the reverse of the FirstCard.
- First West Yorkshire Limited shall provide the registered holder with the refund within 10 - 14 working days of receipt of the application. First West Yorkshire Limited reserves the right to issue a cheque to the registered holder as a refund.
- The registered holder must notify First West Yorkshire Limited as soon as reasonably practicable if the FirstCard is lost, damaged, stolen or unusable. On receipt of the registered holder's registration details and FirstCard password, First West Yorkshire Limited shall invalidate the FirstCard.
- Once the FirstCard has been invalidated the registered holder may then register for a replacement card. The replacement card will be issued after 3 full working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) from the receipt by First West Yorkshire Limited of notification by the registered holder. The replacement card will be issued with the same amount of stored value (subject to clause 5(iii) below) and the same length of travel pass as on the original FirstCard on the date of issue of the replacement card. During this period the customer may not apply for any of the travel costs incurred whilst waiting for their replacement card.
- BusMiles existing on a FirstCard which is lost, damaged, stolen or unusable cannot be transferred to a replacement card. However, BusMiles existing on the original FirstCard on the date of issue of the replacement will be converted into stored value (in accordance with clause 3(ii) above) and added to the replacement card.
- First West Yorkshire Limited cannot prevent the unauthorised use of the FirstCard following notification of its loss or theft until the time of issue of a replacement card.
- A FirstCard that is damaged or unusable must be returned to First West Yorkshire Limited as soon as reasonably possible.
- A FirstCard reported as lost, damaged, stolen or unusable more than three times during any one calendar year will be subject to a replacement fee.
- First West Yorkshire Limited shall not be liable for any FirstCard which for whatever reason (with the exception of any act or omission of First West Yorkshire Limited or any of its agents or employees) fails to reach the registered holder by post.
- If, for any reason, an incorrect amount of either stored value and/or travel pass is credited to a FirstCard then First West Yorkshire Limited reserves the right, having provided the registered holder with written notice, to invalidate the FirstCard and issue the registered holder with a replacement card reflecting the correct amount of stored value and/or length of travel pass. For the avoidance of doubt the registered holder shall only be entitled to one BusMile for every whole pound (£1) credited to the replacement card.