First in Berkshire & The Thames Valley carries over 7 million passengers each year on a network of local and inter-urban bus routes serving Bracknell, Maidenhead, Reading, Slough, Windsor and Workingham.
Services also operate into Buckinghamshire and Surrey and to Heathrow Airport. First operates the Reading to Heathrow Airport RailAir link, and Green Line coach services to Central London from Bracknell and Windsor. First also operates American-style yellow school bus schemes in Runnymede.
- Number of staff: 300
- Number of buses: 120
- Number of Commercial routes: 32
- Number of Contract routes: 13
Depots: Bracknell, Slough and outstations in Chertsey (for the Runnymede yellow school bus contract) and Reading (for the RailAir and Park and Ride services).
Investment and Partnership
- During 2003 and 2004 First and BAA Heathrow introduced a fleet of ten low-emission buses on two routes linking Slough with the airport. The buses are being provided as part of BAA's Clean Vehicles Programme, launched in May 2002 to help airport and local companies reduce emissions.
- High profile contract launched in January 2004 on behalf of Slough Estates. Buses running every 10 minutes on Mondays to Fridays, linking Slough Trading Estate with local stations.
- Quality Partnerships with Bracknell Forest Borough Council, Slough Borough Council, Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, Surrey County Council, and Blackwater Valley local authorities. Services include 3, 8, 58, 75, 76, 158, 159, 194.
First Beeline Buses Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 02179403. Registered office: B Block, 3rd Floor, Macmillan House, Paddington Station, London, W2 1TY.