Guided Bus Ways
A641 Manchester Road Quality Bus Initiative
The A641 Manchester Road Quality Bus Initiative is a partnership between First, Metro & City of Bradford MDC to significantly reduce the delays to bus services on this busy road that was introduced in January 2002.
It also provided signal controlled pedestrian crossing facilities, which replaced unpopular footbridges and subways.
The initiative includes:
- modern "low floor" buses
- improved reliability
- reduced bus journey times
- improved ride quality
- upgraded customer facilities
- new bus shelters with improved lighting and better timetable information
- signal controlled pedestrian crossings
- localised improvements for cyclists