Terms & Conditions
Ticket Terms & Conditions for the issue of FirstWeek, FirstMonth, FirstTen, FirstTerm and FirstYear
(Updated 6 January 2011)
1. Season Tickets are available from
- Internet - www.firstgroup.com - payment by credit/debit card
- Debit Scheme Hotline - 0845 600 1804
- Travel Shop, Bristol Bus Station, Marlbrough Street - Debit & Credit card facilities available)
- Bath Bus Station, Wells Bus Station
- Taunton Travel Shop and Weston-s-Mare Travel Shop (Debit & Credit facilities available)
- Participating local agents
Applications may be made through the post accompanied by a cheque or postal order made payable to First Somerset & Avon Limited, to:Passes Administrator
Please make sure that the postal application reaches the address above at least 5 working days before date of use, to allow time for processing. All orders will be subject to Postage & Packing and handling charges.
If you wish to pay by cheque a corresponding cheque guarantee card number must be written on the back of the cheque along with the cardholder's address.
A season ticket is issued subject to the Company's Regulations and Conditions, which may be viewed at any Company booking or enquiry office, and also subject to the following special conditions.
- A valid Child or Student Photo card must accompany Child and Student Season Tickets.
- The Season Ticket is valid only in the specific area, up to and including the expiry date shown.
- For each journey taken a season ticket must be produced. The ticket is not transferable.
- Passengers not in possession of a valid season ticket and matching Photo card (if applicable) for the journey being undertaken may be liable to pay a standard fare of £30.00 and the ticket may be withdrawn.
- The ticket remains the property of First and the company reserves the right to refuse to issue, renew or withdraw any season ticket, at any time.
- An expired, defaced, illegible or altered season ticket is not valid and will be withdrawn.
- The card does not provide any priority of place over any other passenger whether on the bus or in the queue, nor any right to travel on any particular journey.
To protect cards from being lost or stolen, customers may purchase Insurance. This must be bought at the time of purchase, costs vary, prices available at Travel shops.
NB: First Academic Year and First Term tickets are only available to full time students.
3. Lost/Stolen/Damaged Tickets
- If a First Term, First Academic Year or First Year ticket is lost or stolen a replacement ticket may be issued at our discretion on production of the original receipt, a police report and crime reference number, and insurance policy certificate (original only copies not acceptable )
- No replacements will be made if insurance has not been purchased. Stolen or lost tickets will be replaced at full cost.
- Defaced or damaged tickets will only be replaced on production of the old ticket and receipt (First Year or First Term) and an administration charge of £10.00 will be payable.
- Student Photo Cards will be replaced on receipt of £10.00.
- Child Photo Cards will be replaced on receipt of £5.00.
- There will be No refunds on the unused portion of First Week, First Ten, or First Month tickets.
- In special circumstances, First Term and First Year tickets may be refunded at our discretion on production of the card and receipt.
- Refunds will be subject to a £20.00 administration charge and will base on the number of weeks or months used at the current First Week and/or First Month price less any initial discount you may have received. As the cost of the season ticket has been calculated to allow for annual holidays, the validity period will not be extended for periods of non-use due to holidays or sickness.
Note: Commuter Card Scheme
For any Companies that deal with First Commuter Card Scheme, please be aware that any tickets that require refunds will be repaid to the Companies and not the individuals.
If you have any suggestions or comments about our bus services, please write to:Customer Service Centre
Telephone number 0845 602 0156.
All timetable information can be obtained from Traveline on 0871 200 2233.