Season Ticket Replacement Insurance
Just the Ticket - get covered from as little as £2.50!
We know you already travel with peace of mind and now we want to offer you that same peace of mind with your Bus Season Ticket or Scholar Bus Pass.
We know your Bus Season Ticket or Scholar Bus Pass is an invaluable way of getting you around, whether it's for safely travelling to work, school, college or just out and about. Imagine that you lose your Season Ticket or put it through the washing machine by mistake and you have to find the money to replace it at full cost. Well, we are offering our Season Ticket and Scholar Bus Pass holders an exclusive product, which has been designed around you and we think you will like it!
We have called it the First Season Ticket Replacement Insurance Scheme but really it is about what it can offer you!
- Lost your pass, no problem you can have up to two replacements free within the validity of your Season Ticket!
- In the wash, don't get in a spin, you can have up to two replacements free, again within the validity of your Season Ticket!
- Stolen! That's dreadful and we need to support you as you will be going through enough. We will replace your Season Ticket, as long as you have reported it to the Police.
- Screwed up in a student's pocket! We understand how some of our customers can have more important things to be thinking about than protecting their Season Ticket and with this in mind, we have even asked our insurers to give you peace of mind for this too. We will, of course replace.
Sounds great, but how much is it?
The price of Season Ticket Replacement Insurance is as follows:
Bus Season Tickets
- Month tickets £2.50
- 3Month tickets £7.50
- 6Month tickets £14.00
- Year tickets £25.00
Scholar Bus passes
- Half term £15.00
- Term £20.00
- Annual £30.00
The above premiums include Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at 5%.
When can I get this Season Ticket Insurance?
You will need to do this at the same time as you purchase your next Season Ticket or Scholar Bus Pass - just let our Travel Adviser know. They are trained to ask you, so don't worry if you forget or can't remember what it's called.
Where can I get the Season Ticket Insurance?
In person from any of our professional Travel Advisers who are based at First Travel Shop Plymouth, First Travel Shop Barnstaple, First Travel Shop Truro or First Travel Shop Penzance we understand you may be too busy to drop in, so you can contact our Customer Service Team, who will be happy to help on 0845 600 1420 (local call rate will be charged and from mobiles may vary - open 08:30-17:00 Monday - Friday). Please click on the Travel Shop section of the website for Travel Shop opening hours.
The Season Ticket Replacement Insurance is currently not available on-bus and customers who wish to purchase this would need to buy this product prior to making their first journey.
What if I lose the Photocard too?
You will need to get some more photos but help is at hand, as we have just introduced the instant passport facility at our First Travel Shops in Plymouth and Penzance (charge payable) ask in Travel Shops for details.
Can anyone get it?
Our insurers tell us that we cannot offer the scheme to non-UK or Republic of Ireland residents, but check with us before purchasing.
The Season Ticket Replacement Insurance is available to those under 18, however it will need to be purchased by a parent or legal guardian as under 18s are unable to enter into a legal contract.
The small writing in standard writing that you need to know!
The insured will receive no cash benefit from the policy for replacement tickets; instead upon verification from First Devon & Cornwall Limited staff a replacement ticket will be issued. The policy will allow for two replacement tickets during the policy period and cover can then be reinstated for a further premium if the two replacements are received (please see details of premiums below). The value of the cover offered will be the pro rata value of the ticket based on the period remaining. I.e. if a First6Month pass is lost with 2 months remaining until it expires, a replacement pass valid for 2 months will be issued.
Additionally, the policy provides cover for personal accident (up to £10,000) and personal liability (up to £1,000,000 with a £50 excess) while using First bus services in Devon & Cornwall;
- Provides a payment to you or your legal representative if during your journey you sustain bodily injury caused by accidental, external, violent and visible means and within 12 months you suffer death or total and permanent disablement.
- Covers amounts for which you are legally liable in a personal capacity to pay for accidents happening during your journey resulting in bodily injury or death to third parties (not being a member of your immediate family) and damage to their property.
|Section||Proposed limits Sum insured per person||Excess|
|A: Bus ticket||Replacement ticket||Nil|
|B: Personal accident||Up to £10,000 age limits apply)||Nil|
|C: Personal liability||Up to £1,000,000||£50|
The Season Ticket Replacement Insurance is underwritten by Travel & General Insurance Company plc. First Devon & Cornwall Limited is an Appointed Representative of Travel & General Insurance Company plc, both companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). Details of which can be found at www.fsa.gov.uk
If you would like to know more or would like to speak to our experts then please visit our Travel Advisers at our Travel Shops, we are there to help you and we are happy to do so.