Night Services Safety Tips
Stay safe whilst you are out and about this weekend with these personal safety tips
- Plan your night out and be aware of the bus times so you can get home safely.
- Don't leave your friends when you are out, stay together, especially if they or you have been drinking alcohol.
- Make sure you look after your personal property, your drink and your friends, avoiding known trouble spots.
- If you decide to leave early, let your friends know so they don't worry about you.
- Make sure your mobile phone is fully charged so that if you need to use it, you can.
- If you do happen to find yourself alone, stick to well lit, busy streets and avoid taking shortcuts through dark areas.
- When you get off the bus, use well lit, busy streets and walk facing the traffic so a car cannot pull up behind you unnoticed.
- Carry your bag close to you with the clasp or fastening facing inwards and carry your house keys in your pocket.
- Have your house keys ready before you reach your front door.
- If you are threatened, scream, shout and set off a personal attack alarm, if you have one and get away as quickly as you can.