Message from the Managing Director
As another year draws to a close, it is traditional to look back at the past year and evaluate our activities.
2014 was the 100th anniversary of the formation of our predecessor company and we hope that everyone enjoyed the event we held at Swansea Bus Museum in May. We are particularly grateful to the museum’s volunteers for ‘lending’ us their premises and making the event the success it was.
In 2014 also, we:
- Brought all of our long distance services together under the ‘Cymru Clipper’ brand with a distinctive vehicle livery and integrated ticketing.
- Replaced many of our older vehicles with brand new ones.
- Added free WiFi to all new and many half-life vehicles.
- Successfully provided transport for the crowds visiting the National Eisteddfod and the IPC Games.
- Added the new-look ‘Traws Cymru’ service between Carmarthen and Aberystwyth to our portfolio.
- Started new services X7 between Maesteg and Cardiff and fast service X12 between Carmarthen and Swansea.
We have some exciting plans in the pipeline for next year – please check back again soon.
For the first time this year we will be running services on Boxing Day – service 4 between Morriston, Liberty Stadium, City Centre and Fabian Way Park & Ride and 111 between Llanelli and Swansea. Full details are shown elsewhere on this website.
I’ll end by wishing you and your family all the very best over the festive season. Thank you for your support during 2014 – we look forward to welcoming you aboard again in 2015.
As ever, remember that you can keep up to date on developments at First Cymru by visiting this site again soon, or by following us on twitter or facebook. Information can also be obtained by calling Traveline Cymru on 0871 200 22 33 (Daily 08:00-20:00).
Justin Davies - Managing Director, First Cymru