Safety On Board
We need all our passengers to play their part to deliver a safe journey.
When you are waiting for the bus...
- Do not attempt to board the bus until the doors are open and the bus has stopped moving. You can ask the driver to lower the step/ramp if the bus is low floor.
- Allow all passengers alighting at the stop to leave the bus before you start to board.
When you are on the bus...
- Take a seat if there is one available.
- If you are standing, make sure you can hold onto a grab rail. Never stand on the top deck of a double deck vehicle.
- Please give up your seat to someone less able than yourself – particularly if you are sat at the front of the bus.
- Do not block the gangway with bags, buggies etc. It is vital that the aisle is clear for people boarding/alighting and in the unlikely event the bus needs to be evacuated.
- Don't talk to the driver when the bus is moving – their attention needs to be on the road and getting you to your destination safely.
When you are getting off the bus...
- Ring the bell to let the driver know you wish to alight. You should remain seated until the bus has come to a stop.
- Do not attempt to leave the bus until it has come to a complete halt. You can ask the driver to lower the step/ramp if the bus is low floor.