We're looking for drivers!
If you’re looking to start an exciting new career journey, we can offer you a rewarding career with a difference. As a trainee bus driver you will be going out on the open roads in Aberdeen, you’ll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience.
From 17 February, PCV license holders will start on £10.70 per hour which will increase to £11.70 after only 1 year service. You will also be eligible for a Welcome Bonus payment as well.
New drivers with no PCV license will start on £10.00 per hour which will increase to £11.70 after only 2 years service.
As part of our friendly and professional depot team, you’ll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations on time. Enjoying lots of responsibility and variety, you’ll receive all the training and support you need to develop your skills, achieve your full potential and get a PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) licence.
A friendly face who can work confidently on your own you must be passionate about providing the best service to our passengers. Aged 18 or above, you should also be helpful, reliable and a good communicator. Happy to work a variety of flexible shifts including early mornings, late evenings and weekends, you’ll need to be calm under pressure and have a full driving have a full driving licence with no more than 3 points.
Once you’ve completed your probation period, you’ll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel.
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You’ll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme.
Click here to apply online or call Alan Cheyne on 01224 219212