Facts and stats
Did you know...
- First Bus employs around 17,500 staff with some 13,450 drivers.
- In just six years we've invested £455 million in some 2,500 new vehicles.
- All new buses are fitted with free wifi for customers, leather seats and extra space for wheelchairs and buggies.
- We’ve introduced m-Ticketing across our operations enabling customers to use their mobile phones as bus tickets.
- With other operators we’ve made a commitment to launch smart ticketing across England’s largest city regions.
- The Passenger Focus 2015 ‘National Bus Passenger Survey’ said that 86% of First Bus passengers are ‘very’ or ‘fairly satisfied’. In the same survey First recorded a 17% increase over two years for satisfaction for value for money.
- We are working with Disability Action Alliance, RNIB, the Alzheimers Society and other disability groups to understand how we can make our services more accessible.
- In 2014 we became the first bus operator to sign the RNIB's bus charter. Each of our drivers is receiving training so that they better understand some of the obstacles people with sight issues overcome when using the bus.
- In 2014 First Bus successfully provided services supporting the Ryder Cup, IPC European Athletics Championships and most significantly, the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. We were awarded a special prize at the UK Bus Awards (the industry’s equivalent of the Oscars) for our services during Glasgow 2014.
- In 2014 First Bus won 15 industry awards.