Facts and stats
Did you know...
- In the last year, our App have been downloaded 2.4 million times.
- Over the last year, our passengers used twice as much data while connected to our free Wi-Fi than the Hubble telescope transmits to earth.
- Over the last year our website received approximately 80,000 user sessions and 281 thousand page views per day.
- In the last year, we sent over 15m emails (more than the population of Belgium!)
- Each day our buses cover 650,000 miles – that’s enough to get you around the world 26 times!
- Every day over 55,000 mTickets are sold.
- If you took all of our passengers in one day, you could fill Wembley stadium 12 and a half times.
- 100% of our buses now accept contactless payments – including Apple and Android pay!
- First Bus employs around 17,500 staff with some 13,450 drivers.
- In just six years we've invested £455 million in some 2,500 new vehicles.
- All new buses are fitted with free wifi for customers, leather seats and extra space for wheelchairs and buggies.
- We’ve introduced m-Ticketing across our operations enabling customers to use their mobile phones as bus tickets.
We've pulled together a few short case studies of what's been achieved in different areas of First Bus.
Read First Bus news or select your local area for news and service updates.
Keep me updated
Don't miss out. Register your details if you want us to keep you updated.
Across the UK First Bus operates in a huge number of communities, including 40 of the country’s largest towns and cities
First Bus forms part of FirstGroup plc, the leading transport operator in the UK and North America.
FirstGroup is working with Action for Children to support young people on their journey to better mental health.
Want to go further and enjoy an exciting new career route?
First Bus contact links and information.