We're improving First for you
Here at First Bus, we're working hard to make travelling with us better.
We're introducing new, flexible ways of paying, investing in more training for our drivers and are continuing to make even more improvements to our service. All so that we can improve First for you.
We value your time as much as you do
- Our Travel App features live bus times, so you can check when your bus is due from the comfort of your home and arrive at your stop just before your bus does.
- We've introduced contactless payments to make boarding the bus quicker, helping our buses complete your journey on time.
- We're working with Leeds City Council and West Yorkshire Combined Authority to invest £240 million in bus infrastructure, helping to improve your waiting and journey time.
You’re helping us improve
- We've introduced 'Tell First Bus', an online feedback form where you can give us your opinions, so we can improve our West Yorkshire services for you.
- We've recruited a panel of 5,000 First Bus customers to give us their thoughts, helping us to make the right improvements based on real customer experiences. If you'd like to join our customer panel, just visit the Customer First Hub.
We're improving our technology to make catching the bus easier
- We've introduced new cashless payment methods, including Google Pay, Apple Pay, contactless cards and mTickets, to make paying for your travel even more convenient.
- Our Travel App helps you plan your journey and arrive at your destination hassle-free. Not sure which bus to get? Our Travel App can direct you to your nearest bus stop, as well as telling you which service will get you where you need to be. You can also save your regular journeys, making future trips easier to plan.
- We're constantly improving our website, so all the information you need to make your journey is now even simpler to access.
- We’ve introduced live chat support for mTickets on our mTicket FAQ web page during key times, making it quicker and easier to get your questions answered.
We're investing in our buses...
- We're investing £71 million in brand new buses.
- We're brightening up the interiors of 600 buses in our West Yorkshire fleet.
- We're committed to reducing emissions in West Yorkshire and are investing in 284 new buses that meet the Low Emission Zone requirements for Leeds by 2020.
... and offering a range of great-value ticket options...
- With cheaper mobile tickets on our app, you can now save up to £52 a year.*
- Up to 5 people can travel for £5 all day with our weekend group ticket.
- We have a great range of cheaper fares available for U19s, providing even better value for young people.
*Saving shown based on cost of 52 x Week tickets purchased as mTickets compared to paying on the bus.
And we're still doing the things that make us First
- We care about your journey quality, so we always wash and clean our buses every day.
- We're providing over 80,000 hours of training to our drivers every year to improve your journey experience.
- To make sure you get a reliable bus service, our engineers service our buses every 42 days, meaning we were able to carry our customers in West Yorkshire over 25 million miles last year.
Get the mTickets App
We are currently experiencing intermittent technical problems with our mTickets App. Most of the disruption to the App continues to be at peak travel times (weekdays, 7am to 9am and 5pm to 7pm). Outside of these hours you should experience a problem free service.
Please buy any tickets you need outside of peak hours. If you have a ticket in your wallet, put your phone in airplane mode just before boarding the bus and you should be able to activate it as normal.