Heading back to school in September? We're ready when you are.
With children returning to school we have taken additional measures to ensure that they can return safely, reliably, and in a cost-effective way via First Bus.
We have implemented a daily enhanced cleaning regime across our bus fleet with additional focus on all hand and grab rails. More information can be found on our dedicated COVID web page here.
We have some new features available to help you on your journey:
- Live capacity tracking on the First Bus App - track where your bus is, how far it is from your stop, and how many seats are free. You can download our app here!
- Space Checker on our website here - check your service for the busiest and quietest times to travel, so you can choose the best time to suit you.
Dedicated school bus services:
As confirmed by the Department for Education, social distancing will not be required on-board school-only services, as they will be sharing a bus with others from their school, and not members of the public.
- Buses will operate at almost-full capacity, the 50% capacity restrictions do not apply.
- Students should sit with those in their year group that are part of their "school bubble".
- Students should wear a face covering on our buses unless your are under the age of 11, or you are exempt in line with the reasons shown on Gov.uk here.
For more information on dedicated school bus services, please visit the West Yorkshire Combined Authority page here. You can search for specific service information relevant to your school and browse the FAQs.
Public bus services:
- You MUST wear a face covering on our buses unless you are under the age of 11, or you are exempt in line with the reasons shown on Gov.uk here.
- You need to socially distance on board – please only sit with members of your immediate household (e.g. a brother or sister)
- Capacity signs at the entrance of each bus will show the maximum capacity allowed on-board.
- Follow the on-board signs and seat tape to find an available seat.
- Standing will not be allowed on our buses.
- You can pay with contactless on board our buses, or you can buy your ticket in advance on the First Bus App. If buying for a child, certain tickets can be gifted; this means that, whilst you complete payment, the tickets are delivered directly to your childs phone. Find out more about gifting tickets here.
We will be operating additional trips for some of our Bradford school services from 7th September. You can find a summary of these additional journeys below:
- 07:06am Allerton – 07:35am Bradford Interchange
- 15:26pm Allerton – 16:31pm Bradford Interchange
- 15:52pm Allerton – 16:57pm Bradford Interchange
- 07:16am Allerton – 08:21am Bradford Interchange
- 14:29pm Bradford Interchange – 15:32pm Allerton
- 14:49pm Bradford Interchange - 15:52pm Allerton
- 15:36pm Allerton – 16:41pm Bradford Interchange
- 15:00pm Bingley Rail Station – 15:42pm Bradford Interchange
- 07:40am Bradford Interchange – 08:17am Baildon Towngate
- 07:55am Bradford Interchange – 08:32am Baildon Towngate
- 08:15am Bradford Interchange – 08:52am Baildon Towngate
- 14:43pm Baildon Towngate – 15:27pm Bradford Interchange
- 15:13pm Baildon Towngate – 15:57pm Bradford Interchange
- 15:36pm Baildon Towngate – 16:20pm Bradford Interchange
- 07:04am Haworth Road – 08:02am Bradford Interchange
- 14:52pm Haworth Road – 15:50pm Bradford Interchange
- 15:04pm Haworth Road – 16:02pm Bradford Interchange
- 07:37am Buttershaw – 07:55am Bradford Hall Ings
- 15:16pm Buttershaw – 16:24pm Bradford Bridge Street
- 07:33am Buttershaw – 08:51am Bradford
- 07:45am Buttershaw – 09:03am Bradford Interchange
- 15:06pm Bradford Hall Ings – 16:17pm Buttershaw Cooper Lane
- 16:15pm Bradford Interchange – 16:41pm Buttershaw Cooper Lane
- 16:27pm Bradford Interchange – 16:53pm Buttershaw Cooper Lane
- 08:25am Bradford Interchange – 08:47am BRI Smith Lane
- 07:18am Fagley – 08:17am Brighouse Bus Station
- 07:38am Fagley – 08:37am Brighouse Bus Station
- 15:03pm Brighouse Bus Station – 15:41pm Brighouse Bus Station
- 15:08pm Brighouse Bus Station - 15:46pm Bradford Interchange.
Find Bradford bus routes, in order to plan your journey more effectively and in advance.
Look at our detailed Bradford bus routes to see exactly where your journey on one of our services can take you.
From Sunday 31st May, we've introduced new timetables to help with safe, socially-distanced travel for essential journeys.