Introducing Contactless Payments
We’ve introduced contactless payments on all our Bradford buses. So now you don’t need cash to travel.
You can make contactless payments for any ticket payment up to £30, using any contactless card displaying the Visa or Mastercard logo.
How it works..
Simply present your contactless card when you board the bus. You’ll get a receipt along with a ticket for your journey. And to make things even easier, you can also use Apple Pay or Google Pay to pay using your phone.
Your Questions Answered
Payment cards displaying the contactless logo from Visa or Mastercard logo can be used. We also accept Apple Pay and Google Pay. We are currently unable to accept payments by American Express.
From time to time, we authorise an amount of 10p. This allows us to check with your card issuer that the card is valid. This will be replaced by the full transaction amount in 24-48 hours.
Drivers are able to refund card transactions at the point of purchase only. If you request a refund, the driver will issue you with a ticket which will say ‘EMV Credit Note’. Please then allow up to 5 working days to see refunds on your account. Drivers are not able to provide a cash refund.
If you should request a refund after purchase, you will then need to contact Customer Service on 0345 602 0121 with the following information:
- The service on which the ticket was purchased
- Transaction Total Amount
- Date and Time
- First 6 and last 4 digits of your card as shown on the receipt
- Whether you paid with Apple or Google pay
Our Customer Services team will then consider your request for a refund.
Drivers will not know the reason why a payment did not work. If a payment fails, you may wish to try a different card or pay using an alternative payment method such as cash or purchasing a ticket via our mTickets app.
Hint: Our cheapest tickets are available on mTickets so why not buy before you go!
Some of the reasons why a card may not work include:
- The card has expired.
- The card is not a contactless card.
- The card is not accepted e.g. American Express.
- The card is being presented for a payment over £30.
- A previous transaction has been declined by our system and the card is blocked.
- The card hasn't been approved by the bank for the transaction.
- The card hasn’t been used at a Chip and PIN terminal before.
- More than one card has been detected by the reader at the same time.
If a card does not work, please contact your issuing bank for advice.
If you use a card for a payment which is subsequently declined due to not having enough money in your account, your card will be blocked by our ticket machines. We will try again to recover the money owed automatically after 7 days or if you try to use the card again. Your card will be blocked until a payment is made successfully for the amount outstanding.