We're improving First for you
Here at First Bus, we’re working hard to make travelling with us better.
We’re introducing new, flexible ways of paying, investing in more training for our drivers and are continuing to make even more improvements to our service. All so that we can improve First for you.
We value your time as much as you do
- Our Travel App features live bus times, so you can check when your bus is due from the comfort of your home and arrive at your stop just before your bus does.
- We’ve introduced cashless payments to make boarding the bus quicker, helping our buses complete your journey on time. This includes Google Pay, Apple Pay, contactless card and mTickets payments.
We’re offering a range of great-value ticket options...
- With cheaper mobile tickets on our app, you can now save 50p a day on your ticket and up to £78 a year*.
- Up to 5 people can travel from £8 all day in Bristol or Bath with our group tickets so you can explore all the cities have to offer.
- We have a great range of cheaper fares available for U21s, providing even better value for young people.
*50p saving based on cost of 1 x Day ticket purchased as mTicket compared to paying on the bus, and £78 saving based on buying 52 x Week tickets as mTickets compared to paying on the bus, for Bristol inner zone.
We're improving our technology to make catching the bus easier
- Our Travel App helps you plan your journey and arrive at your destination hassle-free. Not sure which bus to get? Our Travel App can direct you to your nearest bus stop, as well as telling you which service will get you where you need to be. You can also save your regular journeys, making future trips easier to plan.
- We're constantly improving our website, so all the information you need to make your journey is now even simpler to access.
- We’ve introduced live chat support for mTickets on our mTicket FAQ web page during key times, making it quicker and easier to get your questions answered.
We’re investing in our buses...
- We’ve invested over £30 million in new buses in the last 3 years.
- We’re brightening up the interiors of 100 buses in our West of England fleet to give you a nicer journey.
- By 2020 we’ll have 250 ultra-low emission buses in the West of England improving our carbon footprint and air quality and we are on track with our plan to have our local fleet ready by 2021 to operate in a clean air zone with stringent emission restrictions.
And we’re still doing the things that make us First
- To make sure you get a reliable bus service, our engineers service our buses every 42 days, meaning last year we were able to carry our customers in the West of England over 25 million miles.
- We’re providing an extra 10,000 hours of training to our drivers every year to improve your journey experience.
- We’ve introduced ‘Tell First Bus’, an online feedback form where you can give us your opinions, so we can improve our West of England services for you.
- We’ve recruited a panel of 5,000 First Bus customers to give us their thoughts, helping us to make the right improvements based on real customer experiences. If you’d like to join our customer panel, just visit the Customer First Hub.
Get the mTicket App
We are currently experiencing intermittent technical problems with our mTickets App. Most of the disruption to the App continues to be at peak travel times (weekdays, 7am to 9am and 5pm to 7pm). Outside of these hours you should experience a problem free service.
Please buy any tickets you need outside of peak hours. If you have a ticket in your wallet, put your phone in airplane mode just before boarding the bus and you should be able to activate it as normal.