Bristol Unibus FAQs
You may have a question or two about the Bristol Unibus services, we hope you can find the answers to common questions below.
Bristol Unibus U1 pass: U1 Stoke Bishop to City Centre (via Bristol Campus)
University of Bristol Students living in a University-allocated accommodation (except postgraduates in postgraduate-only residences) are eligible for a free bus pass (m-ticket) for unlimited travel on the U1 service.
Bristol Unibus U2 pass: Langford Campus to Bristol Campus
All University of Bristol Vet School students are eligible free bus pass (m-ticket) for unlimited travel on the U2 service.
Tickets can also be purchased for both services by other students, staff and the general public.
- Download our app, search First mTickets in your app store – you need an Internet connection to do this.
- Select Bristol Area, Buy Ticket, then Student
- Add Service U1: Add University of Bristol – Unibus U1 Uni Year (£199) to your basket, or for Service U2: Add University of Bristol Unibus U2 Year (£279).
- A small number of students will be entitled to both the U1 and U2 services – see Q1 above.
- Checkout and sign up for an account, then enter the 8 character voucher code you have been emailed to get your Unibus pass FREE*. If you are entitled to both the U1 and U2 bus passes you will have received two separate emails with two different 8 character voucher codes.
- Download your Unibus Year mTicket before 24 September and it will be stored in the purchased area of the ticket wallet then moved automatically into the active area on 24 September when the U1 and U2 services start.. Download it later and it will automatically activate and appear in your active ticket wallet
- Show the driver the active mTicket on your phone every time you travel
*Your Unibus mTicket gives you free travel on the U1 and First routes 3, 4, 9 and 72. You can upgrade to a city-wide First Bus mTicket by selecting University of Bristol - Uni Year – Bristol Inner Zone (£299) in the mTicket app and using your voucher code at checkout to buy it for just £50. Or you can upgrade until 31 October 2018 at the same price by emailing email@example.com
Unibus U1 Uni Year Pass - Travel between 24th September 2018 and 14 June 2019
- Service U1 - Travel on entire route, term times only
- Service 3 - Travel between Bristol City Centre and Coombe Lane bus stop only, throughout the uni year
- Service 4 - Travel between Bristol City Centre and The Avenue bus stop only, throughout the uni year
- Service 9 - Travel on entire route, throughout the uni year
- Service 72 - Travel between Bristol Temple Meads and Cotham Hill bus stop only, throughout the uni year
Unibus U2 Year Pass - Travel between 24th September 2018 and 23rd September 2019
- Service U2 - Travel on entire route
Unibus U1 Uni Year Pass
From Monday 24 September 2018 to Friday 14 June 2019. Please note that the U1 Service runs during term time only. The pass is also valid for services 3, 4, 9 and 72 throughout the year but route restrictions apply, please see answer above
Unibus U2 Year Pass
From Monday 24 September 2018 to Sunday 23 September 2019. Please note that the U2 Service does not operate on bank holidays or between 24 & 31 December 2018