Park and Ride
Park & Ride Essex
Offering unlimited free parking spaces. Ideal for shopping, travelling to work, or just leisure!
Here at First Bus, we have a fantastic Park and Ride site in Essex, helping you to get around easier. Our services run every 10 minutes from Chelmsford Park and Ride to the city centre, meaning you can ditch the car and travel stress-free.
You can now also pay for your Essex bus tickets using your contactless card, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay app or with your Apple watch just to make travelling that little bit easier!
Park and Ride is operated by First on behalf of Essex County Council to give you the highest standards of service. Chelmsford Park and Ride site for our buses is located just outside Sandon, on the A12 (junction 18)/A414/A1060 Maldon Road interchange. It has over 900 free parking spaces. The service operates between 7am until 7pm everyday, except Sundays, Bank Holidays, Christmas and New Years Day.
Park and Ride offers
- High Quality, Bespoke Service
- Hassle Free journey
- Low Floor
- £3.50 return per adult (children under 16 years go free)
- Travel for free with a concessionary pass after 9am on Mondays to Fridays and all day on Saturdays
- Park and Ride ticket valid on First bus services 31 and 36 (only if your departure is from the town centre after 7pm, both services stop at the Park and Ride site)
First Bus route for Park and Ride will take you from the site, via the Baddow by-pass dedicated bus lane, along Parkway, Victoria Road South and Duke Street before continuing along New London Road onto Parkway and back to the site.
Bus Stop Locations
- Parkway, Mildmay Car Park
- Victoria Road South
- Duke Street
- New London Road
For more information on the Park and Ride service, you can contact Essex County Council on: 0845 600 0110