Bus driver recruitment - find out how to apply!
Join the First team!
We are currently recruiting for drivers to join our team, based at our depots in Caledonia, Dumbarton and Overtown.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and gets on well with people. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends, you must hold a full PCV licence (with no more than 3 points on your driving licence).
PCV holder joining bonus: £2,300*
We pay trainees £10.00 per hour after training.
About the roles
Being a Bus Driver with First Glasgow is about more than just driving. It’s about putting your excellent customer service skills to work. Connecting people and keeping entire communities moving in a congested world is a huge challenge – but it’s also very rewarding. We'll provide you with the support you need along the way.
The application process consists of an online questionaire, interview and assessment followed by medical checks.
- Trainee drivers will be paid £10.00 per hour after training. During training you will be paid between £9.10 and £9.20 per hour
- Auto-enrolment into a company pension scheme, which includes life insurance
- Employee Share Save & Rewards Schemes
- Paid annual leave plus public holidays
- Unlimited bus travel for you and your family members across Glasgow (subject to conditions)
- Smart uniform provided
- Free continuous development towards renewing the Driver Qualification Card through the Driver CPC
- Excellent social and leisure facilities, including gyms in 4 out of 6 of our depots
Our application process
If you're 18 years of age and are a PCV holder (for Qualified Bus Driver positions) with no more than three points on your licence, we'd love to hear from you.
*T&Cs apply, please speak to our Recruitment Team.
*PCV holder bonus breakdown:
- £1,000 payable at 12 months depot service
- £1,300 paid at 24 months depot service
See what we're doing with your feedback
We've introduced 'Tell First Bus' so you can tell us how you feel about travelling with us.
Local market report
Please see our annual report providing an insight into our business and the markets we serve.
View FAQs and find details of how to get in touch.