Introducing our very own Kids Pack!
At First Bus, we're aware that the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak has brought a trying time for many people. We know that a great deal of our passengers are now working at home, and many of them juggling home working with activities for children and families.
We've worked to create our very own Kids Pack, designed around the framework for Cirriculum for Excellence, designed to help families, parents, teachers and schools!
Designed to suit the abilities of children from P1 through to P7, the pack contains a series of activities to appeal to each age and stage, as well as tapping into children’s love of all things bus. From creating posters on the environmental benefits of using the bus, to writing about a favourite bus journey, a word search, a ‘build a bus’ challenge, an acrostic poem and the opportunity to design a bus, the pack has been created with fun as well as education at front of mind.
Click the image below to view and download Kids Pack!
Don't forget to show us what you made!
We'd love to see the fun you've had working on our pack at home, don't forget you can send us your pictures via Social Media!
Andrew Jarvis, Managing Director of First Bus in Scotland, said: “With much of the UK effectively ordered to stay at home for at least the next few weeks, we wanted to support the thousands of schools, teachers and families who are home-schooling and keeping children entertained during this unprecedented time.
“Just a few weeks ago, it was almost inconceivable that these restrictions would be in place, which only underlines what a challenging, dynamic and rapidly evolving situation the UK faces and one which First Bus is monitoring and responding to day-by-day, hour-by-hour.
“Rest assured everything is being done to keep key workers mobile as the nation comes together to limit the spread of coronavirus. I hope our activity packs will provide another means of helping to keep younger children occupied and is just a small gesture from everyone at First Bus to bring some light relief to families during this difficult period.”
Competition Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this prize draw is [First Glasgow], Caledonia Depot, 100 Cathcart Road, Glasgow, G42 7BH registered in Scotland with company number [SC097420] (the “Promoter”)
- These terms and conditions are subject to any other applicable terms and conditions provided on this website or otherwise by the Promoter. By entering into the prize draw, participants are deemed to have understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The prize of A First Bus Goodie Bag, and a visit to your school from First Bus.
- The prize is only valid for locations in the Greater Glasgow area.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or discount scheme from First Bus or any other bus operating company.
- The seond prize offered, is a vehicle coloured front, based on the design of a winning entry.
- One entry will win in the Scotland area, with entries accepted from Aberdeen, Glasgow and First Scotland East operating areas. The company reserve the right to withdraw this prize, and make changes to design to suit vehicle application.
- The competition will run for one week until September 1st 2020.
- This promotion is only open to participants within the Glasgow and Greater Glasgow region that have registered their details with us by submitting a completed design.
- The winner will be chosen at random under independent supervision, and will be eligible to receive the prize. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified via direct message or email the next working day. A working day consists of Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm. For example, if the competition ends on Saturday 30th June, the winner will be chosen at random on Monday 2nd July and notified on Tuesday 3rd July.
- The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize by responding to the email or message. If the winner does not accept the prize or if the winner does not respond within two weeks from the original notification message, the prize will then be redrawn and offered to another entrant.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and does not have an equivalent cash value. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend the prize draw in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on participants.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control, and where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to modify these terms prior to any closing date specified.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure of the website during the promotion, for any problems or technical malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any web site. Proof of website submission will not be accepted as proof of entry.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for, and shall not cover nor insure any entrants or winner, and third parties from and against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, penalties, fines, judgements, costs, charges and expenses of whatever kind and nature relating to the prize in any way.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Scotland, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.