Bus Driver Recruitment - Apply Now
Join the First team!
We are currently recruiting for drivers to join our team, based at our depots in Caledonia, Dumbarton and Overtown.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and gets on well with people. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends, you must hold a full PCV licence (with no more than 3 points on your driving licence).
PCV holder joining bonus: £2,300*
We pay trainees £10.00 per hour after training.
About the roles
Being a Bus Driver with First Glasgow is about more than just driving. It’s about putting your excellent customer service skills to work. Connecting people and keeping entire communities moving in a congested world is a huge challenge – but it’s also very rewarding. We'll provide you with the support you need along the way.
The application process consists of an online questionaire, interview and assessment followed by medical checks.
- Trainee drivers will be paid £10.00 per hour after training. During training you will be paid between £9.10 and £9.20 per hour
- Auto-enrolment into a company pension scheme, which includes life insurance
- Employee Share Save & Rewards Schemes
- Paid annual leave plus public holidays
- Unlimited bus travel for you and your family members across Glasgow (subject to conditions)
- Smart uniform provided
- Free continuous development towards renewing the Driver Qualification Card through the Driver CPC
- Excellent social and leisure facilities, including gyms in 4 out of 6 of our depots
Our application process
If you're 18 years of age and are a PCV holder (for Qualified Bus Driver positions) with no more than three points on your licence, we'd love to hear from you.
*T&Cs apply, please speak to our Recruitment Team.
*PCV holder bonus breakdown:
- £1,000 payable at 12 months depot service
- £1,300 paid at 24 months depot service
Welcome to our Journey Planner where we can help you plan your journey from A to B!
Take care when out and about!
Plan a quiet journey with Space Checker We'd like to introduce you to Space Checker, the brand new tool from First Bus to help you plan ahead and travel with confidence.
Bus service guide for commuters
Bus service information to help you commute when trains services are cancelled Here’s your essential guide to locating bus services in your local area to help you keep moving when train services are reduced or cancelled.
Making school travel safe Now that children have returned to school we have taken additional measures to ensure that they can return safely via First Bus.
Tech the Bus - Smarter Travel
With our expanded range of tech and apps, you'll be miles ahead of the crowd.
Extra Help to Travel
View some cards that you can print out and show your driver as a way of discreetly asking for a little extra help if you’d rather not ask them out loud.
Next Bus - Greater Glasgow Finding your Glasgow buses is easier with First Bus.