Clean Air Day 2019
Clean Air Day
We are working with Glasgow City Council on 20th June 2019 to assist the City of Glasgow on Clean Air Day. We will be attending the event at George Sqaure to celebrate Clean Air Day, show off our new ultra low emission buses and giving out goody bags.
To find out more about Clean Air Day and how you can get involved visit: https://www.cleanairday.org.uk/clean-air-scotland
First Bus Air Quality Top Five Facts:
- First Bus have upgraded over 1000 mid-life vehicles which have been retrofitted to Euro VI standards via latest Diesel emissions filtering technology in the last 12 months across the UK.
- In Glasgow alone, First Bus have invested over £30m to replace 150 of their oldest buses with brand-new Ultra Low Emissions diesel engine vehicles with Start Stop technology.
- First Glasgow were the first operator to reach 20% phase 1 compliance for the newly introduced Glasgow Low Emissions Zone in 2018.
- One full double decker low emissions bus can remove up to 75 cars from the road (and all of the subsequent emissions that go with it) as well as helping to ease congestion on our roads causing further idling of engines.
- First Bus are testing new renewable technologies all across the UK with the Hydrogen Project in Aberdeen, Electric vehicles now in operation in York and more to come in Glasgow, and Bio Gas being trialled in Nottingham.
Want to give bus a try?
Has Clean Air Day got you thinking about your carbon footprint? Looking to give bus a try? We've made it easy for you, layed out below are links to everything you need to know about getting the bus in Glasgow, from price to journey planning.
Planning your first bus journey? -
Use our journey planning widget, it's got everything you need to know, from which bus stop to board at to how long your journey will take: Journey Planner.
Money Money Money -
Visit: Tickets & Prices to see our wide range of tickets and their prices. We suggest for 1st timers to try our FirstDay ticket range, these give you unlimted* travel on our buses for a full day.
City, Local & Network -
We have split Glasgow into 3 fare stages, City, Local & Network before you travel on our services you should look at our fare stages map to see which ticket you need to get around: Fare Zone Map.
Don't Carry Cash?
If you prefer to pay things with your card, we do accpet Contactless payments or if you're a tech head you can download our First Bus App which has our mobile ticket range within it, allowing you to buy your bus ticket before you even leave the house.
*Unlimted travel within the zone that the ticket is valid, see fare zone map to find out which ticket you should buy. FirstDay tickets are valid until 1am the following day.