Kids Go Free on 1st & 2nd June!
It’s true! When you buy a North Lanarkshire FirstDay ticket on-bus or via the First Bus app on Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd June you’ll be able to have 2 children aged 5 – 16 travel for free!
Here are some things you should be aware of before you drag the kids onto the next bus you see:
- This offer is only applicable on the following routes: 240, 241, 242, 252, 254, 266.
- When you board the bus simply say to the driver that you’d like to take advantage of the Kids Go Free offer and they’ll do the rest.
- Children that are travelling free with this offer will not be issued a bus ticket.
- If you buy your ticket via the app, you will have to show the bus driver your ticket so they can double check that you have the correct ticket, you’ll then need to scan your ticket as you normally would.
Buy your North Lanarkshire ticket from just £3.50
- for travel around Shotts, Cleland, Wishaw, Motherwell and Bellshill!
Whether you're going to the footie with mates or drinks with friends your North Lanarkshire FirstDay ticket now gets you further around Lanarkshire.
North Lanarkshire FirstDay
Buy on bus
Getting around Lanarkshire
Get to know our North Lanarkshire Zone: Click here
Travelling from Newmains to Wishaw? Take the 266 services and get to Wishaw in around 14 minutes.
Did you know that our 241 service can get you from Coltness to Wishaw in around 9 minutes?
Wishaw to Motherwell is only a 14 minute journey on our 241 service
Check out our our most popular Lanarkshire journeys!
Bellshill to Motherwell = 11 mins (service 240)
Wishaw to Motherwell = 14 mins (service 240)
Coltness to Wishaw = 9 mins (service 241)
Newmains to Wishaw = 14 mins (service 266) from West Crindledyke or 9 mins from Newmains
Pather to Wishaw = 7 mins (service 242)
How to buy your ticket
- On the bus from your driver – contactless payments accepted!
- On your smart phone – download the First Bus App and buy before you go!
Make "when is the next bus?" a thing of the past with our First Bus App
Make travel easy with the First Bus App. The app makes sure you always know which bus you need to catch, and where to catch it. It gives you real-time information on local services and what’s more, it even saves your recent stops and your favourite journeys.
Enter to win a day with First Bus! We’ll treat the winner to their very own private bus to Glasgow’s Top attractions for the day!
UK prize draw terms and conditions:
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via the data capture form found at www.firstglasgow.com/Lanarkshire
- The opening date for entries is on 23/04/2019. The closing date of the prize draw is 5pm on 12/07/2019. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw supervised by an independent person on 17/07/2019.
- The winner will receive the top prize “A full day of fun with first” were the winner and up to 5 guests of their choosing will be taken via bus to 5 prepaid attractions. The attractions will be announced during the promotion of the competition.
- The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) before 19/07/2019 and must provide a valid email address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 5 working days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The winner will be sent details regarding the “day of fun with first’ and will be expected to laisse with the First Bus marketing team to finalise arrangements.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize is supplied by First Bus Glasgow, 100 Cathcart Road, Glasgow, G42 7BH. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s name can be obtained by sending an email to Scotland.firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 working of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third-party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by Scots law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is First Bus Glasgow, 100 Cathcart Road, Glasgow, G42 7BH.