Discounted Tickets for Glasgow Job Seekers
Working in partnership with Jobcentre Plus, we are offering job seekers who travel using a Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card savings of up to 55% off the cost of an equivalent single journey.
The JobcentrePlus Travel Discount Card is issued by Jobcentre Plus to the following groups of claimants:
- Jobseeker Allowance Claimants from 13 weeks to point of Work Programme referral
- Whilst on the Work Programme 2 awards of the card (max 3 months each) within the 2 year participation period. (not applicable in England & Wales)
- Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance and Income Support claimants actively engaged with an adviser in returning to employment
- A card can be issued for up to 3 months immediately prior to Work Programme referral which will expire whilst the claimant is participating
Discounted fares are offered across First Glasgow's city, local and network zones covering Greater Glasgow and Lanarkshire.
|Jobcentre Plus City Single||£1.00||This fare is valid within the City FirstDay/Week zone area.|
|Jobcentre Plus Local Single||£1.00||This fare is valid in the outer local FirstDay/Week zone area for any fare up to £2.|
|Jobcentre Plus Network Single||£2.00||This fare is valid for journeys that cross the city/local boundary and for local zone journeys over £2.|
Customers taking advantage of this special offer should show their Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card to the driver every time they board and should retain their travel ticket as normal.
Terms and Conditions
- First Glasgow's city zone extends west from the city to Clydebank, Linwood and Milngavie, east to Baillieston, Barlanark and Riddrie, north to Springburn, Auchinairn and Cadder and south to East Kilbride, Eaglesham and Newton Mearns.
- The First Glasgow network zone is the remainder of First's network across South Lanarkshire, North Lanarkshire, Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire and parts of West Dunbartonshire.
- Valid for use on the following First Scotland East services - Service 10: City/Local fare available from Milngavie, Network fare available from Banton. Service X37: Network fare available from Castlecary.
- Cardholders are required to tell the driver their destination to ensure they are given the correct fare.
- There are no peak restrictions; however the discount is not valid on Night Bus services, Glasgow Airport Express service 500 and First Scotland East services outwith the relevant zone boundary. Only Network Single tickets are valid to Glasgow Airport on service 77.