We're improving First for you
Here at First Bus, we’re working hard to make travelling with us better.
We’re introducing new, flexible ways of paying, investing in more training for our drivers and are continuing to make even more improvements to our service. All so that we can improve First for you.
We value your time as much as you do
- Our First Bus App features live bus times, so you can check when your bus is due from the comfort of your home and arrive at your stop just before your bus does.
- We’ve introduced contactless payments to make boarding the bus quicker, helping our buses complete your journey on time.
You’re helping us improve
- We’ve introduced ‘Tell First Bus’, an online feedback form where you can give us your opinions, so we can improve our Greater Manchester services for you.
- We’ve recruited a panel of 5,000 First Bus customers to give us their thoughts, helping us to make the right improvements based on real customer experiences. If you’d like to join our customer panel, just visit the Customer First Hub.
We’re improving our technology to make catching the bus easier
- We’ve introduced cashless payment methods alongside our First Bus App, including Google Pay, Apple Pay and contactless cards and to make paying for your travel even more convenient.
- Our First Bus helps you plan your journey and arrive at your destination hassle-free. Not sure which bus to get? Not sure which bus to get? Our Travel App can direct you to your nearest bus stop, as well as telling you which service will get you where you need to be. You can also save your regular journeys, making future trips easier to plan.
- We’ve introduced live chat support for mTickets on our website, making it quicker and easier to get your questions answered.
We’re investing in our buses...
- We continue to invest in our award-winning Vantage service, and will be increasing the frequency of buses at peak times.
... and offering a range of great-value ticket options...
- Up to 5 people can travel for £9.50 all day, so you can explore all Greater Manchester has to offer.
- With cheaper mobile tickets on our App, you can now save up to £52 a year.*
*mTickets price £9.50 when purchased on First Bus App.
*Saving shown based on cost of 52 x Week tickets purchased as mTickets compared to paying on the bus.
And we’re still doing the things that make us First
- We care about your journey quality, so we always wash and clean our buses every day.
- We’re providing over 86,000 hours of training to our drivers every year to improve your journey experience.
- To make sure you get a reliable bus service, our engineers service our buses every 42 days, meaning we were able to carry our customers in Greater Manchester over 22 million miles last year.