Manchester team to hike 70KM for Action for Children
A team of eight colleagues from across First Manchester are taking on a 70KM hike this summer in aid of Action for Children.
They will be hiking through the wilds within the heart of Scotland, the beautiful Cairngorms, including the climb up Ben Macdui.
The First Manchester team members include:
- Carl Ogden (Senior Service Performance Manager)
- Tony Andrews (Customer Liaison Manager)
- Paul Morrison (Customer Liaison Supervisor)
- Anthony Clegg (Vantage Busway Supervisor)
- Paul Townley (Operations Manager – Oldham)
- Josh Griffiths (Service Performance Supervisor)
- Mark Mills (Service Performance Supervisor)
- Chris Bradbury (Resource Planner)
The three day itinerary includes:
- Day one: Depart from Queens Rd Depot 0400hrs on Friday 13th July and arrive at Glen Feshie Hostel (to park the vehicles) around 0930-1000hrs. They’ll then head into the Cairngorms, aiming for at least a 30km stomp, pitching up around 2100hrs before collapsing into their tents!
- Day two: Up again around 0430-0500hrs to face another 30km yomp including the climb up Ben Macdui before pitching up again around 2100hrs.
- Day three: The final 10km to complete on the Sunday morning, before heading back to Manchester for a well-deserved rest.
To donate, visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tony-andrews2.