Bus driver recruitment–apply now!
Join the First West Yorkshire Team
We’ve made a significant investment in our services over a number of years, we continue to invest in new vehicles for our bus fleet and we have a number of exciting job opportunities available.
We are currently recruiting Trainee Bus Drivers and Qualified Bus Drivers to work from our depots in Leeds, so if you’re interested in joining us at First West Yorkshire, we’d be delighted to hear from you – start your application using the links below!
About the role
Being a Bus Driver with First West Yorkshire is about more than just driving, it’s about putting your excellent customer service skills to work. Connecting people and keeping entire communities moving in a congested world is a huge challenge – but it’s also very rewarding. We’ll provide you with the support you need along the way.
Take a look at these short videos for an insight into the role of a bus driver.
Your journey as a First West Yorkshire Bus Driver starts here!
- Starting salary for Trainee Drivers increases periodically with service
- Five weeks paid annual leave progressing to six weeks after five years, plus public holidays
- Auto-enrolment into a company pension scheme, which includes life insurance
- Employee Share Save Schemes
- Free travel for you and your family (subject to conditions)
- Staff buses provided for drivers on early and late shifts (subject to conditions)
- Smart uniform provided
- Free continuous development towards renewing the Driver Qualification Card through the Driver CPC
- Being part of an organisation that seeks to provide solutions for an increasingly congested world, keeping people moving and communities prospering
Our application process
If you’re 18 years of age and are a PCV holder (for Qualified Bus Driver positions) or hold a full UK driving licence (for Trainee Bus Driver positions) with no more than three points on your licence, we’d love to hear from you.
|Trainee Bus Driver||Qualified Bus Driver|
|Online questionnaire||Online questionnaire|
|Engagement chat||Engagement chat|
|Interview and assessment||Interview and assessment|
|PCV Theory Test|
|PCV Driver Training|
|To apply for a Trainee position click here||To apply for a Qualified position click here|