Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter of this prize draw is First Bus West Yorkshire, Hunslet Park, Donisthorpe Street, Leeds, LS10 1PL. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
2. These Terms and Conditions are subject to any other applicable terms and conditions provided on this website or otherwise by the Promoter. By entering the prize draw, participants are deemed to have understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
3. The prize draw is free to enter upon signing up to the Promoter email database for offers & updates at https://www.firstgroup.com/leeds/plan-journey/blue-january-competition and correctly answering a multiple-choice question which will automatically be emailed out. You will be automatically entered into the prize draw upon submitting the correct answer to a multiple-choice question.
4. The first multiple-choice question will be emailed out on Monday 13 January 2020 and subsequently emailed out every day until Monday 20 January 2020. Each day the prize draw will close at 23.30. Entries received after this time will not be valid. There will be 8 multiple-choice questions to answer over the period of the campaign. Each customer can enter the daily multiple-choice quiz once a day. If more than one answer is selected, the first answer selected will be the one recorded.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
6. Each weekday between Monday 13 January 2020 and Monday 20 January 2020, winners will be chosen by a random draw, supervised by an independent adjudicator on the following working day to the prize draw. The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of any entry. Entries failing to comply with these terms and conditions may not be accepted.
7. All winners will receive a voucher code for differing amounts, which will be an Amazon.co.uk gift card. This gift card will be emailed out to the email address the participant used for the competition.
8. All winners will be notified by email using details provided at entry before Monday 20 January 2020. If a winner does not respond or the Promotor is unable to contact the winner having made reasonable efforts, within five days of this date, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no alternative is offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
11. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
12. The winners’ name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Marketing Manager, First Bus West Yorkshire, Hunslet Park, Donisthorpe Street, Leeds, LS10 1PL within 30 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
13. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. The Promoter shall not be responsible for and shall not cover nor insure any entrants and winner(s) and third parties
from and against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, penalties, fines, judgements, costs, charges and expenses of whatever kind and nature relating to the prize draw in any way.
16. The winner may be requested to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
18. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.