Heading back to school in September? We're ready when you are.
With children returning to school we have taken additional measures to ensure that they can return safely, reliably, and in a cost-effective way via First Bus.
We have implemented a daily enhanced cleaning regime across our bus fleet with additional focus on all hand and grab rails. More information can be found on our dedicated COVID web page here.
We have some new features available to help you on your journey:
- Live capacity tracking on the First Bus App - track where your bus is, how far it is from your stop, and how many seats are free. You can download our app here!
- Space Checker on our website here - check your service for the busiest and quietest times to travel, so you can choose the best time to suit you.
Dedicated school bus services
As confirmed by the Department for Education, social distancing will not be required on-board school-only services, as they will be sharing a bus with others from their school, and not members of the public.
- Buses will operate at almost-full capacity, the 50% capacity restrictions do not apply.
- Students should sit with those in their year group that are part of their "school bubble".
- Students should wear a face covering on our buses unless your are under the age of 11, or you are exempt in line with the reasons shown on Gov.uk here.
For more information on dedicated school bus services, please visit the West Yorkshire Combined Authority page here. You can search for specific service information relevant to your school and browse the FAQs.
Public Services - on-board Coronavirus safety advice:
- You MUST wear a face covering on our buses unless you are under the age of 11, or you are exempt in line with the reasons shown on Gov.uk here.
- You need to socially distance on board – please only sit with members of your immediate household (e.g. a brother or sister)
- Capacity signs at the entrance of each bus will show the maximum capacity allowed on-board.
- Follow the on-board signs and seat tape to find an available seat.
- Standing will not be allowed on our buses.
- You can pay with contactless on board our buses, or you can buy your ticket in advance on the First Bus App. If buying for a child, certain tickets can be gifted; this means that, whilst you complete payment, the tickets are delivered directly to your childs phone. Find out more about gifting tickets here.
We will be operating additional trips for some of our Leeds school services from Sunday 1st November. You can find a summary of these additional journeys below:
Schools – Cockburn John Charles Academy, Allerton Grange High School, Roundhay School, Elliot Hudson
- 0745 White Rose Centre – Brackenwood
Schools – Allerton Grange High School
- 0811 Leeds – Lidgett Lane (3)
- 1510 Lidgett Lane – Thorpe Lane (13A)
- 1520 Lidgett Lane – Leeds (3A)
Schools – Corpus Christi Catholic College
- 0810 Leeds Albion Street – Halton Moor
- 1508 Halton Moor – Leeds
- 1518 Halton Moor – Leeds
Schools - Carr Manor Community School, Allerton High School
- 0720 Leeds - King Lane
- 0730 Leeds - Primley Park
- 1510 King Lane - Leeds
Schools - Corpus Christie Catholic College, Mount St Mary’s Catholic High School, Temple Moor High School, Garforth Academy
- 1435 Garforth – Leeds (19)
- 1633 Leeds – Garforth (19)
Schools - John Smeaton Academy, Corpus Christie Catholic College, Mount St Mary’s Catholic High School, Temple Moor High School
- 0720 Seacroft – Leeds
- 0830 Seacroft – Leeds
- 1448 Leeds – Seacroft
Schools – Abbey Grange CofE Academy
- 0720 Leeds – Butcher Hill
- 1611 Leeds – Horsforth
Schools – Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School
- 0811 Leeds – Moor Allerton (Trip starts at Morley Town Hall 0747)
- 1535 Tongue Lane – Leeds
Schools – John Smeaton Academy, Corpus Christi Catholic College, Mount St Mary’s catholic High School
- 0650 Whinmoor – Eden Drive
- 0740 Whinmoor – Eden Drive
- 0819 Swarcliffe – Eden Drive
- 1605 Leeds – Whinmoor