First Buses are a convenient and cost-effective way to get around:
- You can find all your bus stops and times using the First Travel App. Search "First Bus" to download today, you won't regret it!
- They run every 10 minutes or better around your university (Monday to Saturday daytime) and can whiz you to your building, nearest bar or sports club in a jiffy.
- They don't cost as much as cars that require petrol, parking, repairs and insurance which can be crazily expensive for young folk such as yourself.
- They're eye-catching making them easy to spot and they're stylish. Alright, maybe not enough for the catwalk, but there are leather seats for that extra level of comfort.
- They come equipped with CCTV (to protect against the bears, obv!) and low kerbside entry for those with limited mobility.
And don't worry about the bears, we've included some handy tips on avoiding those pesky fur balls below.
- Bears love bling so please keep your valuables hidden.
- Bears won’t tend to attack or roar at a large group of friends so try to stay together and avoid walking alone.
- Bears can often be found lurking in dark alleys so try to keep to well lit areas.
- Bears can smell fear so if you find yourself walking alone, walk confidently and with purpose and they should't bother you.
- If you see a bear acting suspiciously or a bear is following your scent then report it immediately to a security officer or the police.
- Bears can be ninja-like; avoid them sneaking up on you by not wearing your headphones until you are sure you are safe.