Season Tickets Terms and Conditions
- A season ticket is a combination of a ticket and a photocard. It is not valid unless both parts carry the same serial number. Photocards are not transferable.
- The season ticket is at all times the property of First and must be surrendered on demand.
- Customers using a season ticket are subject to PCV regulations and to the Terms and Conditions set out by First, which are available for inspection at our Head Office on Abbey Lane or can be downloaded from our website.
- A season ticket is not transferable and must only be used by the person for whom it isissued. If transferred it will be forfeited and the user/person who transferred it will be liable for prosecution.
- First reserves the right to refuse to issue/renew a season ticket without stating a reason.
- If a person wishes to renew an existing ticket, the total number of days that can be carried over is 7. New purchases of tickets requiring validation will be dated no further than 7 days’ in advance.
- The holder of a season ticket does not have priority over any other customer when travelling on First buses.
- A season ticket must be produced for inspection when requested by any authorised employee of First. If a valid season ticket or any other ticket cannot be produced for travel the customer will be asked to pay the appropriate fare for the journey, without right of refund. If a customer tenders an invalid or defaced/altered season ticket for travel, it will be withdrawn and in circumstances of fraudulent activity the holder will be liable for prosecution.
- The photocard requires a passport size photograph which must be a true likeness of the holder. The holder must sign their name as proof of identity and that they accept the Terms & Conditions set out by First. First complies with the conditions set out by The British Identity and Passport Service Office when accepting photographic identification. In the event of damage to the photocard or change of appearance of the holder, First reserves the right to request that a new photocard be obtained. (Computer generated photographs are not accepted)
- Customers wearing a face veil when presenting their season ticket for travel may be asked to provide a second form of photographic ID in order to confirm that the season ticket belongs to them. If the customer cannot provide this, they will be asked to pay the full fare for their journey.
- Season tickets, that are damaged, defaced or altered, are not valid and are liable for forfeiture.
- Season tickets are valid for use on all commercial bus services operated by First.
- Season tickets are not valid on special services operated by First.
- No refund will be made in respect of lost, unused or forfeited tickets. Customers are strongly advised to take out personal insurance to cover against loss or theft. A separate record of the photocard, ticket number and expiry date should be retained by the customer. In cases of lost tickets, a replacement can be issued upon presentation of the relevant till receipt with the photocard and season ticket numbers shown. A handling fee based on 20% of the full ticket value will apply.
- Any breach of these conditions will render the season ticket/photo card liable to forfeiture and the user liable to prosecution.
- Completion and signature of a photocard application will be considered acceptance of these conditions.
Student Bus Travel
Students travel for less with First!
Young Persons Travel
Children Under 5 Children under the age of 5 travel free of charge when accompanied by an adult customer.
Find useful information about concessionary passes.
We're dedicated to providing our customers with the best ticket options possible.