Changes to Network Norwich Pink Line 11|12 and Red Line 23|24 from 16th February 2020
From Sunday 16th February 2020, we’re making some changes to Network Norwich Pink Line 11|12 and Red Line 23|24 bus services.
We're introducing a new timetable on Pink Line 11|12 services that will include a number of changes to the service pattern to help improve punctuality when the traffic is heavy and to more closely reflect the journeys that passengers make each day.
Buses will continue to operate up to every 10 minutes (Monday to Friday) and up to every 15 minutes (Saturdays) between Sprowston, Wroxham Road Police Station and Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital via the city centre. However, there will be a new pattern of services which will be:
- Two buses an hour on Mondays to Saturdays will run as a service 11A, operating via Cringleford and Eaton and via Sprowston Linacre Avenue, terminating at Sprowston, Atlantic Avenue. On return to the city and hospital, these buses will operate via Sprowston Tesco and Wroxham Road.
- Two buses an hour on Monday to Friday daytimes will run as a service 11 direct along the A11 Newmarket Road and via Wroxham Road to Sprowston, Atlantic Avenue. These buses will not serve Sprowston Tesco.
- Two buses an hour on Mondays to Saturdays will run as service 12 following the existing route to Wroxham via Sprowston, travelling via Wroxham Road and calling into Sprowston Tesco in both directions for the majority of the day.
- All Pink Line buses will follow a standard route along Round House Way between Cringleford Bus Interchange and the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital. Unfortunately, after a long period of diversion, buses on service 12 will not return to operating via The Pines.
- Sunday services will be unchanged, except all buses will operate as service 11A.
You can download your copy of the new Pink Line 11|12 timetable at the bottom of the page
Following frequent requests for a service between Costessey and Longwater Retail Park, Red Line 23|23A buses will be extended to end their journey at the bus shelter adjacent to Pizza Hut/Sainsbury's with the retail park.
Red Line 24|24A and 23B will return to serving the loop around Kestrel Avenue within Queens Hills, terminating at the stop on Kestrel Avenue. They will travel direct from Queens Hills via Sir Alfred Munnings Road, Alex Moorhouse Way and William Frost Way and will not call at the Pizza Hut/Sainsbury's stop within the retail park in either direction.
Unfortunately, in part due to continued issues with parked cars, Red Line 23|23A buses will no longer enter the Lodge Farm development, and passengers from there should walk to the stops on Dereham Road from where there is a bus up to every 7 minutes to and from both the city centre and Longwater Retail Park.
There will be minor changes to the times of buses between Queens Hills and Roundwell Medical Centre to accommodate this change in route. All times of buses along the remainder of the route will remain unchanged.
You can download your copy of the new Red Line 23|24 timetable below