Changes to X1 EXCEL Norwich - Kings Lynn - Peterborough from 4th February 2018
Changes to X1 EXCEL Norwich – Kings Lynn - Peterborough
From Sunday 4th February 2018
As a result of demand and punctuality analysis, as well as feedback from passengers, drivers and stakeholders, we’re making some important changes to our X1 EXCEL service from Sunday 4th February 2018.
These changes have been designed to help our buses keep to time more easily when the traffic is heavy and when we experience major incidents on and around the busy A47 corridor, as well as matching service levels and the times of buses to meet the needs of the majority of passengers.
Whilst the X1 EXCEL route between Norwich, Kings Lynn and Peterborough will remain the same, we will be making some changes to departure times from all points, and some changes to frequency of buses at some lesser used points along the route.
We will also be making some changes to early morning and late evening journeys along with some changes to stopping points along the route.
The major changes are:
• A consistent half-hourly timetable across the main part of the day from Mondays to Saturdays, with departure times from key points that are easier for passengers to remember. There will also be a standard hourly timetable on Sundays.
• Bus times on weekday morning peak journeys will be more closely tailored to match common work and education start times at key locations along the route.
• The villages of Hockering, Terrington St John, Walpole Highway and Thorney will be served on an hourly basis across the day to maintain essential links to these villages despite there being relatively limited use of the service from these points. The time gained by journeys using the faster A47 route has been used to further help ensure our buses can run to time in increasingly heavy traffic conditions along the whole route.
• A small number of new stopping places will be introduced in mainly urban areas:
- Wisbech: All stops within the town will be served
- Kings Lynn: Buses towards Peterborough will stop at Hardwick McDonalds
• In Walpole Highway, buses towards Peterborough will stop at the Mill Road bus shelter instead of the stop at School Road. Buses towards Kings Lynn will continue to serve the School Road bus shelter.
Finally, to avoid any confusion between this service and our service between Lowestoft and Norwich which is also numbered X1, the service between Norwich and Peterborough will be renamed to be known simply as EXCEL and the route number X1 will no longer be used. Instead, the buses will show the service number ‘XL’ on their destination screens.
You can download your own copy of the new excel timetable from the link below today. Paper copies will be available to collect from all our usual outlets, as well as on our buses, around two weeks before the changes take place.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our customer services team on 0345 602 0121 or see the dedicated EXCEL webpage on our website at firstgroup.com/norfolk-suffolk.