Major Roadworks & Temporary Timetables on Gt Yarmouth Area services - from Sunday 22nd September
Due to the major roadworks taking place on Southtown Road, both at the Pasteur Road junction (by Norfolk County Council), and at Bollard Quay (by UK Power Networks), our services in Great Yarmouth will be subject to severe disruption for two months from Sunday 22nd September 2019.
As a result, we will be operating temporary timetables on all services that either cross or serve destinations to the south of Great Yarmouth for the duration of the works. These services include: X1|X11, Coastal Clipper 1|1A and Gt Yarmouth town services 5, 6, 8 & 9.
Buses towards Great Yarmouth will be able to travel along Southtown Road serving all stops, but will then go via the Tesco roundabout on Pasteur Road before crossing the Haven Bridge into Great Yarmouth town centre. All usual stops will be served.
Buses from Great Yarmouth and towards Gorleston will be operating via Pasteur Road, the A47 and William Adams Way and will not be able to access Southtown Road. As well as the usual bus stop on Pasteur Road outside Matalan, buses will serve a temporary stop close to the pedestrian crossing near the Tesco roundabout and the path from Anson Road.
A shuttle service, operated by Ocean Cabs, for those who are unable to get to and from the temporary stops or make connections will offer two journeys per day between Gt Yarmouth town centre and Southtown Road, and from Southtown Road to Gorleston town centre. You can download the shuttle service timetable here.
Timetables & Frequencies:
• All buses that operate across Gt Yarmouth (X1|X11, 1|1A, 8) will be split at Great Yarmouth Market Gates Bus Station.
• A change of bus will normally be required at Market Gates Bus Station to continue either north or southbound journeys. For operational reasons, a small number of buses may continue onto the next part of the journey across the town, but after a period of waiting in Gt Yarmouth town centre. Journeys that run in this way are shown in the relevant timetable.
• Buses that operate to the north of Gt Yarmouth (including X1|X11 to/from Norwich, and services towards Caister, Hemsby and Martham) will continue to operate on the same frequencies as normal, although some departure times may be changed (there are no changes to X1|X11 services between Norwich Bus Station and Great Yarmouth).
• Buses that operate to the south of Gt Yarmouth will operate on a reduced frequency: services X1|X11, 1|1A and 6 will operate every 40 minutes (normally every 30 minutes), whilst service 8 will operate every 20 minutes (normally every 15 minutes). Town services 5 and 9 will operate every two hours and every hour respectively – in line with their new regular frequencies also to be introduced on the same date.
• Services to & from the south of Gt Yarmouth will take longer to leave or enter the town, due to the need to divert around the roadworks on Southtown Road, resulting in increased journey times. Anticipated journey times are shown in the temporary timetables, although all services may be subject to additional delay and/or cancellation if traffic congestion is worse than has been anticipated.
• Due to the high cost of producing printed timetables for a relatively short period of temporary operation, temporary timetables will only be available in PDF format for download below.
Up to date information on services, including timetables for all of our services, and a journey planning tool, are also available on our FREE First Bus App.
We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause, but it is due to circumstances entirely beyond our control.
Provided in printable PDF format, at A4 size for home printing.