Coronavirus - COVID19: Service information
This page was last updated: 02.12.2020
Coronavirus information – First Cymru
Thank you for continuing to travel with First Cymru. Our staff have all worked very hard to ensure that you can travel with confidence across our services. #LetsGetThereTogether
Services returning after Wales' Lockdown | Sunday 8th November
Service levels across the network have returned to pre-'firebreak'-lockdown levels (those seen in September/October).
What timetables are in operation?
- Since 8th November we have increased our services back to the levels we were running before the 2-week lockdown. Timetables are now live, and can be found on our Live Timetable pages. To view the services running in your area you can click the links below.
There are no imminent changes to timetables scheduled at the moment.
We’ve got each stage of your journey covered so that you can arrive safely at your destination.
Before you travel
- Use the First Bus App to journey plan and buy your ticket
- Use our Space Checker tool to find when your bus is less busy
- Please bring a face covering as it is mandatory to wear onboard at all times, unless you are exempt. Click here for exemptions
- Social distancing limits the bus capacity to 50%, so please allow additional time for your journey during peak times
- Bring hand sanitiser
- We encourage our customers to download the NHS COVID19 App
At the bus stop
- Use the First Bus App to track where your bus is and the number of free seats available
- Please social distance from other passengers waiting too.
- Put on your face covering before you board the bus, it is a legal requirement unless you are exempt
- When your bus arrives, please allow space for passengers to leave the bus before you step onboard
- Get you payment method ready – mTicket on the First Bus App , contactless card, concessionary pass or the exact change
- We encourage customers to make cashless payments to avoid cash handling
- It is a legal requirement to wear a face covering, unless you are exempt otherwise you could be fined up to £200.
- Please follow the social distancing sashes to show you where to sit
- Our windows need to remain open to maintain airflow
- To assist others less mobile, please sit upstairs on double deckers
We have increased our cleaning regime, but please help by not eating or drinking on board and remove any rubbish when you leave
We’re here for you
Contact us by phone 0345 646 0707 (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday) or contact us via Twitter 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday or 9am to 6pm on weekends and bank holidays.
For further COVID information, our question and answer section plus key worker feedback click here
For Lost Property Guidance visit our Contact Us page
What additional cleaning is taking place?
Our buses are comprehensively cleaned every night by our expert team of cleaners, including regular disinfection of all grab rails and poles, entrance door handles, window ledges and other touchpoints.
Will you be providing face masks or hand sanitiser for passengers?
We have fitted sanitiser dispensers to our buses, but passengers will need to bring their own face covering.
What happens if the bus I want to catch is full?
On our buses we are operating at a reduced capacity. It is therefore possible that that you might see ‘Bus Full’ signs as some services reach their revised capacity more quickly.
If you are waiting at a bus stop and the bus drives past, it is likely it has reached its reduced seating capacity. If the bus does stop, but is near capacity, the driver will only allow one person to board for every person that gets off, so you may need to allow extra time for your journey and be prepared to wait. With the latest version of the First Bus App you can now track your bus live on a map and it also displays how many seats are available on each bus.
Does social distancing impact if I will be able to board a bus in my wheelchair? We are asking customers to consider the travel needs of vulnerable passengers and those in a wheelchair and will do all we can to prioritise access to the wheelchair space for a wheelchair user.
For additional COVID information please visit the First Bus page
Coronavirus - COVID19: For up-to-date customer and service information please visit our Coronavirus information page »
Click on a headline to see the full story.
Christmas & New Year's Services
24th December | Some services finishing early* (see below) 25th December | No Service 26th December | No Service 27th, 28th December | Sunday Service 29th, 30th December | Saturday Service 31st December | Saturday Services with some services finishing early* (see below) 1st January | No Service...