We're improving First for you
Here at First Bus, we’re working hard to make travelling with us better.
We’re introducing new, flexible ways of paying, investing in more training for our drivers and are continuing to make even more improvements to our service. All so that we can improve First for you.
We’re investing in our buses and offering a range of great-value ticket options...
- Up to 5 people can travel for £9 all day with our group ticket, so you can explore all South Yorkshire has to offer.
- We have a great range of cheaper fares available for U19s, helping to provide even better value for young people.
- We're committed to improving your air quality. Working in partnership with Sheffield City Council, we've secured additional funding from the Government to invest £1.4 million to upgrade our buses in Sheffield and ensure cleaner air.
- Our drivers are on board with our mission to reduce emissions. With our Drive Green technology and investment in new buses, they’re helping us to reduce our carbon emissions across South Yorkshire.
We value your time as much as you do
- The Better Bus Areas fund that we're a part of, has invested £18 million in Sheffield’s bus infrastructure.
- We’ve introduced contactless payments to make boarding the bus quicker, helping our buses complete your journey on time.
You’re helping us improve
- We’ve introduced ‘Tell First Bus’, an online feedback form where you can give us your opinions, so we can improve our South Yorkshire services for you.
- We’ve recruited a panel of 5,000 First Bus customers to give us their thoughts, helping us to make the right improvements based on real customer experiences. If you’d like to join our customer panel, please visit us at the Customer First Hub.
We’re improving our technology to make catching the bus easier.
- We’ve introduced new cashless payment methods, including Google Pay, Apple Pay, contactless cards and mTickets, making paying for your bus travel even more convenient.
- We’re constantly improving our website, so all the information you need to make your journey is now even simpler to access.
- We’ve introduced live chat support for mTickets on our mTicket FAQ web page during key times, making it quicker and easier to get your questions answered.
And we’re still doing the things that make us First
- We care about your journey quality, so we always wash and clean our buses every day.
- We’re providing 50,000 hours of training to our drivers every year to improve your journey experience.
- We’re here for the South Yorkshire community in more ways than one. We invest £75k into the community every year supporting NCS, football leagues and more.