Introducing Contactless Payments
No Cash? No Problem! Introducing Contactless Payments
No time to get to the bank? Don’t want to carry a pocketful of coins?
With First Bus; you’ve got one less thing to think about as we will be introducing contactless payments from 22 January 2018 for all singles and adult day tickets. This is available on all our South Yorkshire buses.
You can make contactless payments for any single or adult day ticket or multiple ticket payments up to that value of £30 - which covers any paper ticket available on board from your driver - using any contactless card displaying the Visa, Mastercard or Maestro logo.
How it works..
Simply present your contactless card when you board the bus. You’ll get a receipt along with a ticket for your journey. And to make things even easier, you can also use Apple Pay or Android Pay to pay using your phone.
Your Questions Answered
Drivers are able to refund transactions at the point of purchase only. If you request a refund, the driver will issue you with a ticket which will say ‘EMV Credit Note’. Your refund will be issued within 5 working days. If after this point you have not received a refund please contact our customer services team on 0345 602 0121.
If you should request a refund after purchase, you will then need to contact Customer Service on 0345 602 0121 with the following information:
- The area and service on which the ticket was purchased
- Transaction Total Amount
- Date and Time
- Last 4 digits of your card as shown on the receipt
- Whether you paid with Apple or Android pay
Customer services will then consider your request and process a refund if appropriate.
Some of the reasons why a card may not work include:
- The card has expired
- The card is not a contactless card
- The card is not accepted e.g. American Express
- The card is being presented for a payment over £30
- The card hasn't been approved by the bank for the transaction
- The card hasn’t been used at a Chip and PIN terminal before
- More than one card has been detected by the reader at the same time. If a card does not work, please contact your issuing bank for advice.