Sheffield Price Promise
We promise to offer Sheffield customers the best value fares
Following feedback from customers, Price Promise was introduced in October 2016, which means that adult and student customers travelling in Sheffield, will not be able to travel cheaper on any other operator for the same journey.
We believe that this will help remove any confusion caused by different fares being charged for the same journey and help encourage more car users to switch to bus travel.
Speaking about the Price Promise, Allan Riggall, our Head of Commercial, said: “This is the first time we have ever trialled something like this anywhere in South Yorkshire. We want our customers to know that when they travel with us, that not only will they receive a high quality service, but they will also receive the best value journey.
"Our Price Promise is really simple. We’ve reviewed hundreds of our Sheffield bus fares as part of our promise, and we reduced dozens of prices for customers, so that they receive the best fares available."
“In the event that customers find a cheaper fare available for the same journey, we will provide a refund, and bring our fare down."
“We believe that the Price Promise builds on the recent success of the Sheffield Bus Partnership and the great value, multi-operator, Travel Master tickets.”
We will monitor market prices every Friday to ensure we offer value.
Refunds will be issued in form of a travel voucher.
Sheffield Price Promise Terms & Conditions
- Excludes concessionary fares such as ENCTS and child fares
- Only includes services within Sheffield boundary
- Promise applies to Stagecoach bus and TM Travel services only
- Offer excludes tickets already on promotion
- Offer applies to other operator prices only. Differences between First on bus and mTicket prices do not apply.
- Comparable single fares must be able to be made without a connecting journey
- Origins and destinations of comparable single fares must be identical and journey time and routing must be similar
- Price Promise only applies to published fares
- If a fare is found to be cheaper elsewhere, please contact us on twitter @FirstSouthYorks clearly stating the service you travelled on, where you travelled to, where you travelled from, the fare you paid and the operator you travelled on. We will ensure any fares identified as being cheaper elsewhere are matched within 7 days of notification.
- Single fares comparable to Stagecoach and TM Travel. All other fares comparable to Stagecoach.
- Refund policy. Refunds will be issued in form of a travel voucher of a value no less than the difference in price charged and the cost of a second class stamp. Original proof of purchase must be supplied by post to:
Price Promise, First South Yorkshire, Midland Road, Rotherham, S61 1TF
- Tickets included in Sheffield Price Promise are;
- Adult Single
- Adult First Day
- Adult First Week
- Adult First 4 Week
- Adult First Annual
- Student Single
- Student First Week
- Student First 4 Week
- Terms and conditions are subject to change.