Severe Weather Updates18 Mar 2018 all areas
|Dates:||18 Mar 2018 until further notice|
Due to adverse weather, there is disruption to services within our Southampton network.
FOR LIVE UPDATES PLEASE LOG ON TO SOCIAL MEDIA
Update at 1030 - Sunday 18 March 2018
The latest news from the Southampton Control Centre... all routes are returning to normal.
- City Red 2: operating normal route and timetable
- the three: now operating back to normal route via Woolston and Sholing to Thornhill.
- First 6: operating normal route and timetable
- City Red 7: operating normal route and timetable
- First 8: operating normal route and timetable
- First 9: service just starting up. Operating normal route and timetable
- City Red 11: now operating full route and normal timetable.
Please bear with us as we reposition our fleet and resume normal services, there may still be a couple of buses out of position for the next hour or so.
We will provide a further update later on today, however we are planning to now operate a full Sunday service until the normal last bus on all routes.
If anything changes, we will provide further updates.
Many thanks to everyone for bearing with us this morning, we hope that you all have a safe journey today and we look forward to welcoming you on bus soon.
Update at 0900 - Sunday 18 March 2018
We are now operating a number of services in Southampton as close to normal timetable as possible:
- City Red 2: Southampton City Centre - Milbrook: operating normal route and timetable
- the three: Thornhill - Woolston - city centre - Shirley - General Hospital - Lordshill: operaing as close to normal timetable as possible. Route diversion in place from Thornhill, via A3024 to Bitterne Shops, then via Peartree Avenue to Woolston, then back to normal route.
- Solent Ranger X4/X5: Portsmouth/Gosport - Fareham - Southampton: operating normal timetables will a few minor route diversions: Titchfield (diverting via A27), Lowford (diverting via Windhover Roundabout to Portsmouth Road), Pound Road Bursledon (diverting along Portsmouth Road insead) and Wright's Hill (again diverting via the Portsmouth Road).
- First 6: Southampton City Centre - Hound Corner: unable to serve Wright's Hill, diverting via Portsmouth Road and Weston Lane, and also unable to serve Hamble, service is turning at Hound Corner.
- City Red 11: Southampton City Centre - Woolston - Weston Lane Roundabout - service is going as far as Weston Lane Roundabout before turning back to Southampton.
Wherever possible we are operating as close to timetable as possible. Please monitor social media for live updates and leave extra time to complete your journeys.
Update at 0800 - Sunday 18 March 2018
We are currently our assessing all routes and are starting to operate as close to normal timetable as possible. Here is what is currently running in Southampton:
- City Red 2 - Southampton City Centre to Millbrook: will be operating normal route and timetable. First bus: 0840
- First 6 - Southampton City Centre to Hound Corner: will be operating normal timetable. First bus: 0840
- City Red 7 - Southampton City Centre to Portswood Broadway only: will be operating normal timetable
- City Red 11 - Southampton City Centre to Weston Lane Roundabout only: will be operating normal timetable
- Solent Rangers X4 and X5: Portsmouth/Gosport - Fareham - Southampton: will be operating normal timetable and route, except: Titchfield (diverting along A27), Lowford (diverting up to Windhover Roundabout) and Pound Road (diverting along Portsmouth Road)
All other routes are currently being assessed. We will update you as soon as possible. Please keep you eye on social media for live updates.
Update at 0700 - Sunday 18 March 2018
The first buses in Southampton are rolling out of the depot. We are currently operating the following routes:
- City Red 7 Southampton City Centre - Portswood Broadway only: up to every 30 minutes
- City Red 11 Southampton City Centre - Woolston Bridge Link Road only: up to every 30 minutes from 0730
All other routes in Southampton remain suspended at present. We will provide live updates as and when they happen on social media.
Update at 0600 - Sunday 18 March 2018
Due to snowfall in the Southampton region, we are currently unable to operate any services in Southampton. We will be out assessing routes from 6am, and there will be no buses leaving the depot for at least the next hour.
We will update you all with further information as we have it. Please watch out on Social Media for live updates.