Updates to our Southampton Network
Have you noticed that City Red buses have started appearing on other routes in Southampton? This is because First in Southampton are changing all routes over to our popular City Red brand.
This means that all customers can take advantage of newer and more comfortable vehicles as the travel to and from home for work, to get the kids to school, to go out into town for a spot of shopping or even to stop by your favourite bar to catch up with your friends.
There really are so many advantages for taking the bus, including free wifi, comfortable e-leather seating and next stop announcements – just sit back, relax and let us get you to your destination. And when you board one of our buses, you can now use your contactless credit or debit card to pay for your tickets, or if you’re an Android or Apple Pay customer, simply use your phone to pay for your ticket.
From Sunday 13 May 2018, we will be making some minor timetable alterations to services in our Southampton network, all of which are designed to improve punctuality. Here is a summary of the changes taking place:
- City Red 2: Southampton City Centre – Millbrook, Windrush Road:
- the three: Lordshill Centre – Thornhill, Fairfax Court:
- Solent Ranger X4/X5: Southampton - Fareham – Portsmouth/Gosport:
- City Red 6: Southampton City Centre – Hamble:
- City Red 7: Southampton City Centre – Townhill Park:
Minor timetable changes to Monday-Friday peak morning and afternoon services only.
- City Red 8: Southampton City Centre – Hedge End:
Minor timetable changes to Monday-Friday morning peak services only.
- City Red 9: Southampton City Centre – Sholing, Montague Close:
Minor timetable changes to the Monday-Friday morning peak services. Journeys after 1900 are diverted away from Bishops Road to serve Radstock Road, Cranbury Road and Spring Road.
- City Red 11: Southampton City Centre – Weston, Kingsclere Close:
- City Red 13: Southampton City Centre – Harefield, Bentley Green:
Minor amendments to Monday-Friday morning peak services only.
One last thing… customers using City Red 6 between Southampton City Centre and Hamble Square, look out for newly branded buses coming your way in the very near future!
From all of us here at First in Southampton, including City Red, we wish you a pleasant journey with us, and if you have enjoyed your time on board one of our buses, why not leave us some feedback? Visit: tellfirstbus.com for more information.