Changes to services from 17 September17 Sep 2018 all areas
There are changes planned to First Worcester services from 17 September. Updated with some changes on routes 30, 35 and 363. Worcestershire County Council supported servces 42 in Malvern Vale and 564/565 in the Pershore area (not operated by First) are being adjusted to provide alternative journeys and details of these are also provided.
Full details are below and timetables are available on this page.
- Click to view the revised city network map from 17 September.
- Click to view the revised network map including ticket boundaries from 17 September.
Route 30: City Centre – Dines Green
The Friday & Saturday departures from Crowngate Bus Station at 2115, 2215 & 2315 (with return trips from Dines Green at 2125, 2225 & 2325) are withdrawn. We will now continue to operate Fridays and Saturdays 2245 from Worcester & 2255 from Dines Green
The 0745 departure from Crowngate Bus Station on Saturdays (with return from Dines Green at 0756) is withdrawn.
Routes 31/31A/31U: City Centre – University/Henwick Park
All buses on these routes will now operate on the current route 31A and will show route 31. Buses will operate up to every 20 minutes, Monday-Saturday daytime and up to every 30 minutes Sunday daytime. The same timetable will operate ‘year round’ so there will be no need to check for different university term/university holiday timetables.
Early morning and evening journeys are withdrawn.
- On Monday-Fridays, the first departure from Crowngate Bus Station is 0710 (returning to Worcester at 0721 from Henwick Park and 0726 from the University. The last departure from Crowngate Bus Station is 1835 (returning to Worcester at 1847 from Henwick Park and 1852 from the University)
- On Saturdays, the first departure from Crowngate Bus Station is 0800 (returning to Worcester at 0811 from Henwick Park and 0816 from the University. The last departure from Crowngate Bus Station is 1735 (returning to Worcester at 1749 from Henwick Park and 1755 from the University)
Route 32: City Centre – St. Peter’s – Baynhall
There are some minor timetable changes but buses will continue to operate to St Peter’s up to every 15 minutes, Monday-Saturday daytime and to Baynhall up to every 30 minutes.
Most journeys that previously showed route numbers 52, 53, 54, 332 & 333 will now operate as route 32.
Route 33: City Centre – Blackpole – Warndon
The following Monday-Saturday departures are withdrawn:
- 0602 & 0637 from Warndon to City Centre
- 1840 & 1925 from City Centre (& return trips at 1856 & 1941 from Blackpole)
Route 35: City Centre – Blackpole – Warndon
The 2140, 2240 & 2340 Friday and Saturday only departures from Crowngate Bus Station (& return trips from Blackpole at 2154, 2254 & 2354. We will now continue to operate Fridays and Saturdays 2310 from Worcester & 2324 from Blackpole
Route 37: City Centre – Bevere
On Monday-Fridays, the 0635 trip from Northwick (0640 from Bevere), the 1750 from Crowngate Bus Station (1815 from Bevere) and the 1820 from Crowngate Bus Station to Bevere are withdrawn.
Routes 38/X38: City Centre – Ronkswood – Hospital
On Monday-Saturdays, the departures at 1920 & 1955 Crowngate Bus Station and 1938 & 2013 from the hospital are merged into a single departure at 1945 from Crowngate Bus Station and 2003 from the hospital;. The Friday & Saturday only departures at 2245 from Crowngate Bus Station & 2303 from the hospital are withdrawn
‘The Malverns’ services
Routes 44/X44 will be revised to operate every 15 minutes between Worcester and Great Malvern via Barnards Green. All journeys will operate as route 44 via Malvern Retail Park.
Routes 43/X43 from Worcester to Great Malvern via Malvern Vale will now operate a limited peak time Monday-Friday service, with departures from Worcester at 0715 & 0737 (0745 during school holidays) and from Great Malvern at 1525 (school days only) & 1705. All journeys will operate as route 43 via Malvern Retail Park.
Worcestershire County Council funded service 42 (operated by LMS) will be adjusted to provide at 09.45 journey from Great Malvern which will serve Malvern Vale/West Malvern; this will follow the current route of the 43 bus service. There will also be a return journey at 12.21 following the same route. These services will provide access to the Retail Park, Prospect View Medical Centre and Whiteacres Medical Centre.
Between Worcester & the hospital:
- Buses will no longer operate to the hospital – alternative journeys available on routes 38/X38, up to every 15 minutes from Crowngate Bus Station
- At peak times Monday-Friday, buses will terminate at County Hall/Countryside Centre
- At off peak times Monday-Friday and on Saturdays, buses will terminate at the Sixth Form College
‘The 50s’ services
Route X50: Worcester – Pershore – Evesham
- On Monday-Fridays, the 1810 departure from Worcester to Evesham will now terminate at Pershore at 1834. The 0640 and 1900 departures from Evesham to Worcester are withdrawn.
- On Saturdays, the 1810 departure from Worcester to Pershore and the 0823 departure from Pershore to Worcester are withdrawn
Route 51: Worcester – Pershore – Evesham via Drakes Broughton, Pershore, Fladbury and Charlton
On Mondays-Fridays the 1650 departure from Worcester, the 0707 departure from Pinvin Crossroads (0713 from Pershore) & the 1815 departure from Evesham are withdrawn – this is partially replaced by the 1650 52 departure to Pershore only.
Route 52: Worcester - Pershore – Evesham via Littleworth, Drakes Broughton and Charlton
This service will only operate Monday-Friday departures at 1450 from Worcester to Drakes Broughton (schooldays only) and 1650 from Worcester to Pershore.
Route 53: Worcester - Pershore – Eckington via Littleworth, Drakes Broughton and Defford
This service will now operate as follows:
- On Monday-Fridays, at 0910 from Eckington to Worcester & 1350 from Worcester to Eckington
- On Saturdays, at 0910 & 1505 from Eckington to Worcester and 1350 & 1620 from Worcester to Eckington
Route 54: Worcester – Pershore via Littleworth, Defford, Eckington and Birlingham
This service will now operate the following departures only on Monday-Fridays:
- 0705 Pershore to Worcester & 1543 Pershore to Worcester (operates on schooldays only, also serves Pershore High School at 1535)
- 0720 Worcester to Pershore (operates on schooldays only & serves Pershore High School), 1505 Eckington – Pershore and 1620 Worcester to Pershore
Between Worcester & St. Peters/Baynhall, additional departures on route 32 replace most withdrawn departures on routes 52/53/54.
Worcestershire County Council funded routes 564/565 are being adjusted to provide additional journey opportunities:
To the south of Pershore
Monday, Wednesday and Friday – the bus will serve Little Comberton and Great Comberton earlier than currently timetabled. It will then be diverted via Nafford Lane, Eckington, Birlingham, Defford Road, Pershore (Town Centre). The service will not serve Bishampton and Wick.
To the north of Pershore
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays – the bus will serve Throckmorton then be diverted via Lower Moor and Wyre Piddle to Pinvin Crossroads/Pershore (Rail Station). The service will not serve Tilesford Park and Pinvin (Village Centre).
Routes 332/333: Worcester – Upton upon Severn
These services will now operate Monday-Friday only at the following times:
- 0730 Worcester – Upton upon Severn, schooldays only. This journey continues from Upton upon Severn to The Chase School as service 365
- 0745 Worcester – Hanley Castle School, schooldays only
- 1435 Worcester – Upton upon Severn
- 0905 Upton upon Severn to Worcester
- 1535 Hanley Castle School – Worcester, schooldays only
- 1540 Upton upon Severn to Worcester
Between Worcester & St. Peters/Baynhall, additional departures on route 32 replace most withdrawn departures on routes 332/333.
Routes 363/373: Worcester – Upton upon Severn – Tewkesbury
All journeys will now operate as route 363, with departures at the times below. The Graftons will now be served by a limited service on route 363..
- 0655 Worcester – Upton upon Severn
- 0745 Worcester – Hanley Castle School (schooldays only)
- 0810 Worcester – Tewkesbury (school holidays only)
- 0843 Upton upon Severn – Tewkesbury (schooldays only)
- 1405 Worcester – Tewkesbury
- 1500 Worcester – Hanley Castle School (schooldays only)
- 1645 Worcester – Ryall, (starting from Worcester Sixth Form college at 1625 on college days only)
- 0734 Ryall – Worcester (extending to Worcester Sixth Form college on college days only)
- 0905 Tewkesbury – Worcester
- 1505 from Tewkesbury to Upton upon Severn (schooldays) or Worcester (school holidays)
- 1533 Hanley Castle School – Worcester (schooldays only)
- 1733 Upton upon Severn – Worcester
Additional Monday-Friday journeys, supported by Worcestershire County Council will operate as follows
- 0855 Thomas Morris House to Upton via The Graftons (continues to Worcester as service 332)
- 1010 Worcester to Ryall
- 1225 Worcester to Ryall via The Graftons
- 1750 Worcester to Ryall
- 1051 Ryall to Worcester via The Graftons
- 1312 Ryall to Worcester
- 0810 & 1405 Worcester – Tewkesbury
- 0905 & 1505 Tewkesbury – Worcester
Route 365: Great Malvern – Upton upon Severn
On Monday-Fridays, the 0718 Barnards Green to Upton upon Severn and the 1718 Upton upon Severn departures are withdrawn.