Drive a bus for us - apply now!
Join the First York Team
We’ve made a significant investment in our services over a number of years, we continue to invest in new vehicles for our bus fleet and have most recently installed contactless enabled ticket machines on all buses.
We are currently recruiting Qualified Bus Drivers to work from our York depot, on a range of services including our city services, university network and Park & Ride, if you’re interested in joining us at First York, we’d be delighted to hear from you – start your application below!
About the role
Being a bus driver with First York is about more than just driving, it’s about putting your excellent customer service skills to work. Connecting people and keeping entire communities moving in and out of York city centre – it can be a challenge during roadworks and busy periods – but it’s also very rewarding. We’ll provide you with the support you need along the way.
Take a look at these short videos for an insight into the role of a bus driver.
Your journey as a First York bus driver starts here!
- Hourly pay for PCV licence holders is £9.50 increasing to £11.22 after 12 months
- Auto-enrolment into a company pension scheme, which includes life insurance
- Free travel for you and your family (subject to conditions)
- First Xclusives - discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Staff taxi provided for drivers on early and late shifts
- Uniform provided
- Drive the community forward by being part of an organisation that seeks to provide solutions for an increasingly congested world, keeping the people of York moving and communities prospering
Our application process
If you’re 18 years of age and are a PCV holder, with no more than three points on your licence, we’d love to hear from you!
|Qualified Bus Driver|
|Interview and assessment|
|Apply here for a Qualified position|