Heading back to school in September? We're ready when you are.
With children returning to school we have taken additional measures to ensure that they can return safely, reliably, and in a cost-effective way via First Bus.
We have implemented a daily enhanced cleaning regime across our bus fleet with additional focus on all hand and grab rails. More information can be found on our dedicated COVID web page here.
We have some new features available to help you on your journey:
- Live capacity tracking on the First Bus App - track where your bus is, how far it is from your stop, and how many seats are free. You can download our app here!
- Space Checker on our website here - check your service for the busiest and quietest times to travel, so you can choose the best time to suit you.
For information on our school tickets, please see our Young Person Under 19 page here.
Public bus services:
- You MUST wear a face covering on our buses unless you are under the age of 11, or you are exempt in line with the reasons shown on Gov.uk here.
- You need to socially distance on board – please only sit with members of your immediate household (e.g. a brother or sister)
- Capacity signs at the entrance of each bus will show the maximum capacity allowed on-board.
- Follow the on-board signs and seat tape to find an available seat.
- Standing will not be allowed on our buses.
- You can pay with contactless on board our buses, or you can buy your ticket in advance on the First Bus App. If buying for a child, certain tickets can be gifted; this means that, whilst you complete payment, the tickets are delivered directly to your childs phone. Find out more about gifting tickets here.
We will be operating extra trips, in addition to our current timetables, for some of our York services to schools from 7th September. You can find a summary of these additional journeys below:
- 08:06am Theatre Royal – 08:23am Stop opp. Joseph Rowntree School
- 08:00am Wigginton Mill Lane – 08:11am Layby outside Joseph Rowntree School
- 15:17pm Joseph Rowntree (School Grounds) – 15:35pm York Rail Station
- 15:27pm Joseph Rowntree (School Grounds) – 15:45pm York Rail Station
- 15:18pm Joseph Rowntree (School Grounds) – -15:31pm Wigginton
- 15:28pm Joseph Rowntree (School Grounds) -15:41pm Wigginton
- 08:14am Tower Street – 08:30am Askham Bar
- 08:24am Tower Street – 08:40am Askham Bar
- 16:30pm Askham Bar - 16:49pm Tower Street
- 16:40pm Askham Bar - 16:59pm Tower Street
- 07:44am Acomb Green - 08:18am Clifford Street
- 08:04am Strensall – 08:20pm Huntington School
- 15:24pm Huntington School – 15:38 Strensall
- 07:30am Clifton Moor – 07:57am Rougier Street
- 07:35am Stamford Bridge – 07:58am Archbishop Holgate School
- 07:45pm Boroughbridge Road (Wheatlands Grove) – 08:10am Stop Opposite Archbishop Holgate School
- 15:15pm Archbishop Holgate School – Boroughbridge Road (Wheatlands Grove)
- 15:20pm Stop Opposite Archbishop Holgate School – 15:45pm Stamford Bridge Terminus
- 07:40am Ashley Park – 08:02am Nunnery Lane
- 15:40pm Blossom Street – 16:03pm Ashley Park
- 15:31pm Rail Station – 15:55pm Bellhouse Way
From Strensall to Bishopthorpe across to Stamford Bridge and Knapton, we have nearly 30 First Bus routes in York
Take a look at our detailed York bus routes to see exactly where your journey on one of our services can take you
York City Network
We've listened to what you want and that's why our York First Bus service promises to go further for you.
York Park & Ride
Make the switch to York Park & Ride